Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
wayneacp
"Perfect" Author
wayneacp began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
The Problem With Being Perfect - Hardcover: $21.56, Kindle: $2.99!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PerfectCoveronBookSmaller.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	58304

I'm new to e-books and Mobileread. I do have a book to promote and I'll take this one opportunity to do just that!

I'm a nationwide syndicated columnist and my first book, a collection of my columns, has come out. It's entitled, The Problem With Being Perfect. It's a book of humor, consisting primarily of ridiculous, often painful, and usually humiliating, things that have happened to me.

Here are a couple of blurbs that come from the book:

"Wayne Chan's comical take on Chinese culture is like a $150 bowl of shark's fin soup - a unique and amazing offering. The Chinese-American humorist winks and nudges the reader through family reunions, parental expectations and shopping the supermarket for rambutans. The Asian experience is about family - read it, laugh out loud, and belong".

Suzette Martinez Standring, Award Winning Author, The Art of Column Writing

Wayne's writings have enriched us all. They capture what we all have experienced, but have never really observed quite the way he does. How many times after reading one of his columns, have we said to ourselves, "Yeah, I never looked at it that way." With the keen eye of a writer, Wayne shares those special nuances. But more importantly he brings to all of us something we can use every day in troubled as well as good times - a smile.

Leonard Novarro, Co-publisher, ASIA, The Journal of Culture & Commerce

Thank you so much for your time, and I plan to be an active member of this board. I love this place!

Wayne Chan
Author
http://amzn.com/1449093558

Last edited by dreams; 09-17-2010 at 04:03 AM.
wayneacp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Snagged it, Wayne. I could use a smile!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
wayneacp
"Perfect" Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Snagged it, Wayne. I could use a smile!
Thanks so much. If it does bring a smile, I couldn't ask for more!

Wayne Chan
Author
The Problem With Being Perfect
http://amzn.com/1449093558
Old 09-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to MobileRead.

You'll find a lot of friendly people here and a lot of excellent threads for discussion. Please look around to see if there are any discussion threads you would like to contribute to.

Please click on the link to our Posting Guidelines for further assistance and for help on your Signature.

Remember: HAVE FUN!

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #5
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Hi, Wayne! First, welcome to MobileRead!

Second,do you have plans to offer your book in formats other than Kindle? Many of us here do not have a Kindle, and would love to be able to get your book. I'm not an author, so I don't know anything about the process of doing this, but Smashwords http://www.smashwords.com/ allows you to offer your book in a wide variety of formats so all of us have the opportunity to read your book.

I'm sure someone who knows more about the process from the author's side will be along to give you more details. And again, welcome!
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:35 PM   #6
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Seconding the interest in a Smashwords edition. This book looks pretty interesting -- indeed, it has a premise that probably aligns with my own experiences very well -- but unfortunately I don't have a Kindle.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I'd also love to buy it from Smashwords, even though I do have a Kindle... I hate paying an extra $2 per book, just because I live outside USA.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:40 AM   #8
wayneacp
"Perfect" Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
Hi, Wayne! First, welcome to MobileRead!

Second,do you have plans to offer your book in formats other than Kindle? Many of us here do not have a Kindle, and would love to be able to get your book. I'm not an author, so I don't know anything about the process of doing this, but Smashwords http://www.smashwords.com/ allows you to offer your book in a wide variety of formats so all of us have the opportunity to read your book.

I'm sure someone who knows more about the process from the author's side will be along to give you more details. And again, welcome!
I'll absolutely get it on Smashwords! Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 09-08-2010, 04:06 AM   #9
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I, for one, can't wait... The book sounds hillarious..

Don't forget the kindle format... I've seen a few leave out the kindle format, because they already have it on Amazon...
Old 09-11-2010, 04:01 AM   #10
lene1949
Wizard

Still waiting (impatiently) for this book to be published on Smashwords...
Old 09-25-2010, 02:02 AM   #11
wayneacp
"Perfect" Author

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for your patience. My book, "The Problem With Being Perfect" is now available on Smashwords! Thanks so much for the interest and I hope you all enjoy it!

Wayne Chan
Author
The Problem With Being Perfect
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/25183
Old 09-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #12
lene1949
Wizard

Thanks so much for putting your book up on Smashwords... I have put it in my cart, and will get it when I next purchase.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:20 PM   #13
wayneacp
"Perfect" Author

Thanks so much! I also thought That I should shamelessly plug my recent "finalist" position in Humorpress's quarterly humor competition. Actually, several columns, which are in the book, were honored, including the column entitled, "Tale of Forbidden Fruits".

I believe the columns can be found at www.humorpress.com.

Hope you enjoy them!

Tags
asian, culture, family, funny, humor