Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2020, 06:19 AM   #1
Sleepr
Sleepr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Overdrive holds and Clara HD question.

Just received my Clara HD and it seems to be a good upgrade from my old mini. I am having a challenge accessing holds that I have previously requested from my library.
Up to the new Clara, I have been able to successfully use overdrive to download holds to my Samsung tablet after receiving the library email

There does not seem to be a setting in the Clara overdrive menu to access the library holds. I know the book needs to be available on the kobo site and it is. I have tried adding Adobe digital to my laptop and have been able to download the acsm file and retrieve the book into Adobe. When I try to transfer from Adobe to the Clara the book shows on device. Even though I have activated the Clara from Adobe I get an error message when I try to open the book on Clara.

Tried uninstalls of Adobe, deleting and reloads of the acsm file

I have also tried using the older version of Adobe but couldn't load the acsm file in it.

Any suggestions I haven't tried?

Thanks in advance, and looks like a great forum!
Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:14 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepr View Post
Just received my Clara HD and it seems to be a good upgrade from my old mini. I am having a challenge accessing holds that I have previously requested from my library.
Up to the new Clara, I have been able to successfully use overdrive to download holds to my Samsung tablet after receiving the library email

There does not seem to be a setting in the Clara overdrive menu to access the library holds. I know the book needs to be available on the kobo site and it is. I have tried adding Adobe digital to my laptop and have been able to download the acsm file and retrieve the book into Adobe. When I try to transfer from Adobe to the Clara the book shows on device. Even though I have activated the Clara from Adobe I get an error message when I try to open the book on Clara.

Tried uninstalls of Adobe, deleting and reloads of the acsm file

I have also tried using the older version of Adobe but couldn't load the acsm file in it.

Any suggestions I haven't tried?

Thanks in advance, and looks like a great forum!
How did you set up the Clara's connection to your library? When you tap on Settings => Overdrive, do you see an account configured there? There should be no need for ADE or downloading ACSM files unless you run into the case where the book in your library collection and the book on Kobo's site are not the same edition (easiest check when a book does not sync to your Clara is to see if the ISBNs are identical, if not, ADE time).

As for transferring books from ADE not working, do the email addresses for ADE's authorization and your Clara's authorization match? Settings => Accounts for the address for your Clara, Help => Authorization Information for ADE.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM   #3
Sleepr

Yes my overdrive is already linked On Kobo to my library account, however when I select go to the Kobo Store submenu and select my library, there does not seem to be a tab or link to access my holds in the library account. On my tablet opening overdrive and selecting my library allows me to see my holds and download the ones that are ready to loan.

I tried to use ADE for a workaround but even though both the ADE and Kobo account have matching emails I had no dice.
Old Today, 12:16 AM   #4
Sleepr

Problem solved, turns out adding billing info on my Kobo account and re signing into overdrive after fixed it. Had a lengthy chat with Kobo support.