Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-10-2020, 12:35 PM   #766
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Okay, here comes the latest round of updates .

USBNet now bundles lddtree/scanelf, because the lack of an ldd script has always been bugging me (ProTip: You can also steal an ldd script from a random TC, and switch the bash shebang to zsh, that'll work, too).

Various stuff has been updated across the board.

----

But the most impactful change is a series of bridge updates: the ;log command *will* now be bridged. Various parts of the bridge system have also been tweaked/hardened.

As such, I *strongly* recommend that *everyone* update their bridge ASAP (run the "bridge" bin from the JB package through MRPI).

----

A quirk of the non-coplate KUAL booklet packaging has also been resolved: both hotfix & mrpi variants will now refuse to install on Zelda & Rex (since those are >= 5.9, where there's few chances of this variant actually working). [Previously, only the hotfix was packaged as such, which was confusing].

Last edited by NiLuJe; 03-10-2020 at 12:40 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:39 PM   #767
hius07
Fanatic
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3
Great, great!
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2020, 12:42 PM   #768
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, friendly reminder that the clock is ticking on Python 2.

When the final 2.7 release comes out at the end of April, the default python symlink *will* be updated to point to Python 3 .

I'll still be packaging Python 2.7 for as long as possible, though (because I'm too lazy to update cover mode ;p).
Old 03-11-2020, 06:27 AM   #769
hius07
Fanatic
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3
The latest snapshot: PW4 got OTA 5.12.4 in the night. Hotfix, coplate KUAL-hotfix, all Okay.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:41 AM   #770
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Gentle reminder than with an up-to-date bridge, you don't need to reinstall it after an update. Just reboot once if things seem funky on first boot.
Advert
Old 04-01-2020, 03:16 AM   #771
amperage
amperage began at the beginning.

Device: none
Trying to install USBNetwork on Kindle 3GB, it quickly flashes error U001, then U002, fails install and reboots afterwards.

MD5 sums seems to be OK.
Code:
4df1c4db08d27941e537ca16ec7cbfcf *kindle-usbnetwork-0.57.N-r16954.tar.xz
898b14ce7321b0423879118799463895 *Update_usbnetwork_0.57.N_k2_dx_k3_install.bin
Older version, k3gb specific package installs just fine
Code:
8465a5c82c7c9248726002b9468b30bc *Update_usbnetwork_0.57.N_k3gb_install.bin
Any ideas?

Last edited by amperage; 04-01-2020 at 03:21 AM.
amperage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:54 AM   #772
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@amperage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Please note that all these packages can only be installed through MRPI (and I strongly recommend using a recent version ), *even* on legacy (<= K4) devices.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:54 AM   #773
amperage
amperage began at the beginning.

Device: none
Oh, I was misguided by Install part in the README_FIRST.TXT
Quote:
Nothing fancy, as usual, with a jailbroken Kindle, just use the appropriate update file:
copy it to the Kindle's USB drive's root, then launch it by going to [Menu] -> Settings -> [Menu] -> Update Your Kindle.
Modern procedure (Jailbreak -> MKK -> KUAL -> MRInstaller -> USBNetwork) worked just fine, thank you!
amperage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:09 PM   #774
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Ah, good catch, I should update that .

Tags
hacks, kindle, niluje