Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-04-2018, 02:16 AM   #1
Jane Eyre
Zealot
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle P.white3/Kobo Clara 2E
Hyphenate this! plug in and notes in text

Good morning
I always hyphenate my azw3 ebooks by using the plug-in, but I noticed that notes in little windows don't appear correctly hyphenated. They're seem broken, without the dash..

This way:

Code:
tavo
la
instead of "tavo-la".

Do you know any fix?
Jane Eyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:34 PM   #2
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Eyre View Post
Good morning
I always hyphenate my azw3 ebooks by using the plug-in, but I noticed that notes in little windows don't appear correctly hyphenated. They're seem broken, without the dash..

This way:

Code:
tavo
la
instead of "tavo-la".

Do you know any fix?
Same problem, I don't like book without hyphenation but I did not find the way to have dashes on pop up notes. May be a lacking feature of Amazon firmware because it doesn't espect soft hyphens.
I don't use anymore azw3 with this plugin when there are notes on the book, I convert in kfx when possible.

Last edited by ps67; 12-05-2018 at 01:38 PM.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2018, 05:04 PM   #3
kript96
Enthusiast
kript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle PW (2018), Kindle Scribe
I was going to ask that, why don't use kfx? The amazing plugin on the forum works almost everytime. It's obviously better that hyphenate, since that it's just a trick, i doubt there is a way to see the note how you want
kript96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:10 PM   #4
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kript96 View Post
I was going to ask that, why don't use kfx? The amazing plugin on the forum works almost everytime. It's obviously better that hyphenate, since that it's just a trick, i doubt there is a way to see the note how you want
There is two limitations that I am aware of. First the KFX output plugin only works in Windows and Mac. And second the KFX renderer does not take advantage of a custom font_ramp.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:57 AM   #5
Jane Eyre
Zealot
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle P.white3/Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
There is two limitations that I am aware of. First the KFX output plugin only works in Windows and Mac. And second the KFX renderer does not take advantage of a custom font_ramp.
Why? I use custom fonts and kfx too, they work togheter in my kindle.
Jane Eyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2018, 02:11 AM   #6
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Eyre View Post
Why? I use custom fonts and kfx too, they work togheter in my kindle.
The font_ramp is not fonts, but the sizes. E.g. the step from size 4 to size 5 is too big for me, so added sizes in between and got rid of the too large sizes at the big end.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote