Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-07-2018, 07:07 PM   #16
polemarkh
polemarkh began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ml Carta2
Once again pinging the thread to find out if there are any updates on when the Android 4.4 update for Kepler Pro might be available.

Thanks for any new information.
polemarkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:26 PM   #17
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by polemarkh View Post
Once again pinging the thread to find out if there are any updates on when the Android 4.4 update for Kepler Pro might be available.

Thanks for any new information.
I have a Kepler Pro that I purchased from Booxtor. He has sent me beta versions of the 4.4 update to test. The first two betas were nowhere near ready for prime time. For one thing, WiFi would not even turn on. In the latest beta I received, WiFi was fixed.

Remaining issues that I saw: text and icons were too small; there is some ghosting after a page turn or a screen change (to prevent that, I needed to set the K-Pro to refresh after each page turn or screen change); odd things like Calibre Companion being unable to connect to Calibre by WiFi and Google Play apps that I own being listed on Play Store with their prices. The update isn't quite ready, but it's come a long ways.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2018, 11:32 AM   #18
polemarkh
polemarkh began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ml Carta2
Thank you very much for the update, and I'm happy to hear that things are progressing.
polemarkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:01 PM   #19
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
don't worry. Upgrade to 4.4 for Kepler is available too. I am just testing it before release. I am going to upload it within of the next 2-3 days
Do you have news about 4.4 for Kepler Pro?
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 01:40 PM   #20
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Do you have news about 4.4 for Kepler Pro?
With the recent release of the Note, Booxtor has been pretty busy these days. I haven't had any new betas from him since my last post, and I'm not surprised. I'm not expecting anything more for the Kepler Pro until the recent rush of orders for the Note settles down.
Advert
Old 07-10-2018, 12:59 PM   #21
framorg
Enthusiast
framorg began at the beginning.

Device: InkPad 3 and Pocketbook Pro603
Hi @downeaster59,
I'm very interrest at your communication with @booxtor.
I use a kepler pro and upgraded with the file was comes at e-readerstore with the number 2018-01-17_23-10_dev_d85a067.
It has after upgrade the same problems what you described.
You have in the meantime a better update/upgrade?
How I can solve the problem with the very small fonts, lines and buttons, mainly in the apps from play store. ...and a German language!!!
I hope that development this is not sleeped in.
A friend of mine have a Boyue Likebook AIR, it comes with a 4.4.2 and is very fast and small, but it has no SD slot.
I'm be not sure that I gave my KP back an buy this device.
Hopefully that you has better information for me.
kinds
framorg
framorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #22
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by framorg View Post
Hi @downeaster59,
I'm very interrest at your communication with @booxtor.
I use a kepler pro and upgraded with the file was comes at e-readerstore with the number 2018-01-17_23-10_dev_d85a067.
It has after upgrade the same problems what you described.
You have in the meantime a better update/upgrade?
How I can solve the problem with the very small fonts, lines and buttons, mainly in the apps from play store. ...and a German language!!!
I hope that development this is not sleeped in.
A friend of mine have a Boyue Likebook AIR, it comes with a 4.4.2 and is very fast and small, but it has no SD slot.
I'm be not sure that I gave my KP back an buy this device.
Hopefully that you has better information for me.
kinds
framorg
I have not had a better update for the KP since my last post. I also had the problem with the very small fonts, icons, and so on. There has been no news from Booxtor about a KP update, either.

My guess is that work on a KP upgrade has been postponed or abandoned while Booxtor and his team work on updates for the Note and Max 2. Onyx has not had a good history of maintaining updates for "older" devices. I hope this will improve.

I think the KP works better with stock firmware - which is, unfortunately, Android 4.0.4.

Sorry that I can't offer better news!
Old 07-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #23
framorg
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I have not had a better update for the KP since my last post. I also had the problem with the very small fonts, icons, and so on. There has been no news from Booxtor about a KP update, either.

My guess is that work on a KP upgrade has been postponed or abandoned while Booxtor and his team work on updates for the Note and Max 2. Onyx has not had a good history of maintaining updates for "older" devices. I hope this will improve.

I think the KP works better with stock firmware - which is, unfortunately, Android 4.0.4.

Sorry that I can't offer better news!
Hi
Thanks for your fast replay. It's pity
Do you know where I can adjust the fonts, lines and buttons by android? I remember it was a file Build.prop, but this can you not handle without rooting.
And I want not root.
All (80%) what comes with the BOOX-launcher is nearly good readable.
But all what I upload from play store that is so small in the fonts and all, you need a magnify
If you have more information I will be happy, then my KP ist with 4.4.4 super fast and stable.
Framorg
Old 07-11-2018, 11:14 AM   #24
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Hi
Thanks for your fast replay. It's pity
Do you know where I can adjust the fonts, lines and buttons by android? I remember it was a file Build.prop, but this can you not handle without rooting.
And I want not root.
All (80%) what comes with the BOOX-launcher is nearly good readable.
But all what I upload from play store that is so small in the fonts and all, you need a magnify
If you have more information I will be happy, then my KP ist with 4.4.4 super fast and stable.
Framorg
I haven't used my KP for a while, but this should help with the font/button problem:

Install a different launcher. I used Nova Launcher. Then, use that launcher and go into the app drawer and tap Settings. You will now see the full range of Android settings. Then look for "Accessibility". There should be a menu item to adjust font size. Choose the largest option.

As for the lines and the ghosting after every page turn, there is a way to set the KP to refresh after every page turn. That will eliminate most of this problem. I don't remember now where you need to go. I'll check it out when I have a chance later today, and let you know.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:05 PM   #25
framorg
Enthusiast

Quote:
I haven't used my KP for a while, but this should help with the font/button problem:

Install a different launcher. I used Nova Launcher. Then, use that launcher and go into the app drawer and tap Settings. You will now see the full range of Android settings. Then look for "Accessibility". There should be a menu item to adjust font size. Choose the largest option.

As for the lines and the ghosting after every page turn, there is a way to set the KP to refresh after every page turn. That will eliminate most of this problem. I don't remember now where you need to go. I'll check it out when I have a chance later today, and let you know.

Hi @downeaster59,
Yes it is right, all what used with the BOX-launcher is in the good size.
All apps from play-store or direct from android its too small.
But I found the reason: in build.prop-file (its inside /system), in this file you adjust the density for the screen from 160 to 320, then is all size OK!
I hope @booxtor read this and can change the upgrade to 4.4.4 an this place only! Then it is a beautiful, fast and stable system!

If the KP rooted then could do this self, but I want not rooting.

Have a good time
Kinds
Framorg
Old 07-11-2018, 08:19 PM   #26
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Hi @downeaster59,
Yes it is right, all what used with the BOX-launcher is in the good size.
All apps from play-store or direct from android its too small.
But I found the reason: in build.prop-file (its inside /system), in this file you adjust the density for the screen from 160 to 320, then is all size OK!
I hope @booxtor read this and can change the upgrade to 4.4.4 an this place only! Then it is a beautiful, fast and stable system!

If the KP rooted then could do this self, but I want not rooting.

Have a good time
Kinds
Framorg
I decided to try changing the density settings, as my KP is rooted. 320 will not work. That causes the systemui.process error window to pop up. In fact, the highest number that will actually work is 200. 200 is better than 160!
Old 07-22-2018, 12:27 PM   #27
framorg
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

don't worry. Upgrade to 4.4 for Kepler is available too. I am just testing it before release. I am going to upload it within of the next 2-3 days
Hi Booxtor,
I will hope after a long time. I can find anywhere this update to 4.4.4?
Please give me an link.

I saw a link in e-reader store but this update was not so OK.
I had a lot of lines and fonts what very slow (I need a magnify to read) Could you change in this update the build.prop (I cant, I'm not rooted) the ro.sf.lcd_density= to change to 240 or 320 dpi?
I think then are the fonts and lines bigger.
Is this possible?
Thanks
framorg

Last edited by framorg; 07-22-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:28 PM   #28
framorg
Enthusiast

Quote:
I decided to try changing the density settings, as my KP is rooted. 320 will not work. That causes the systemui.process error window to pop up. In fact, the highest number that will actually work is 200. 200 is better than 160!
Hi
could you send me an change of this update? (with 200)
Thank a lot
framorg

Last edited by framorg; 07-22-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:54 AM   #29
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Hi
could you send me an change of this update? (with 200)
Thank a lot
framorg
I'll have to figure out how I can do that. I'll see what I can do.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:31 PM   #30
framorg
Enthusiast

Hi,
the best is Goolge drive or Dropbox.
Create a dir with the File
You allowed to see this (your) Dir in google drive and I can read (and down or upload).
Like similar in Dropbox.
Thanks in advance
Kinds
Framorg