Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-09-2018, 12:58 PM   #1
Aymen Boss
Aymen Boss began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy State of the art-SIGIL

Hello everyone
I am a student in computer science and I have a memory research of end of studies to do on SIGIL.
Please give me some leads or documentation on SIGIL to make the state of the art on SIGIL
I would be very grateful for your answers
Aymen Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:07 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
State of the art what?

Most of the documentation can be found in the docs folder of Sigil's Source code. Links can be found in the "Downloading Sigil" sticky thread.

A slightly more updated user manual can be found at: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=42

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-09-2018 at 01:12 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:17 PM   #3
Aymen Boss

I have a research job where I will integrate an ontology into Sigil, so I will do a research study on the work that is done in the integration of ontologies with sigil
Old 07-09-2018, 01:21 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sigil is not an ontology integrator, it's an epub editor. So there's nothing I can think of that needs to be "integrated" with Sigil where ontology is concerned.

If you want to know how to create an epub (about ontology or anything else) with Sigil, then perhaps we can help (after you browse the various links and materials I pointed to above).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-09-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:52 PM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I think there is a gitlab project called sigil that has biotools for gene ontologies. Perhaps the poster is simply confused.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:24 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
I think there is a gitlab project called sigil that has biotools for gene ontologies. Perhaps the poster is simply confused.
Or I am!
Your explanation makes a lot of sense.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:41 AM   #7
Aymen Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Or I am!
Your explanation makes a lot of sense.
Thank you all.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:06 AM   #8
Aymen Boss

Unhappy

Hi,

I have to do a study on the integration of an ontology (like FOAF) to the eBook editor SIGIL.

This integration could for example make it possible to:
- Make a genealogy of the characters of the novel, adaptable in different languages;
- Allow the reader to situate the characters of the novel, through their relationship with the main character.

SIGIL an open source software, is there a possibility to do this integration?
is there any work that has incorporated ontologies, or other things, to SIGIL?

thank you in advance for your return
Old 07-10-2018, 09:56 AM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aymen Boss View Post
Hi,

I have to do a study on the integration of an ontology (like FOAF) to the eBook editor SIGIL.

This integration could for example make it possible to:
- Make a genealogy of the characters of the novel, adaptable in different languages;
- Allow the reader to situate the characters of the novel, through their relationship with the main character.

SIGIL an open source software, is there a possibility to do this integration?
In short: no. Sigil will make it possible for you to create or edit an ebook (epub). That's all. It offers no features that would allow a reader to analyze the contents (characters, plot, etc,...) of a novel. It allows you to create/edit what the EPUB specifications define.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aymen Boss View Post
is there any work that has incorporated ontologies, or other things, to SIGIL?
Not to my knowledge, no. Sigil is not an analytical tool. It's an ebook editor.

If you're asking if the maintainers of Sigil would be willing to incorporate such features, I'm afraid my answer would be no.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-10-2018 at 09:59 AM.