Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-08-2021, 07:24 AM   #16
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
My Kindle updated a day or so ago. I can't find the back button at all. I went to a different place in the book not back button was available at the bottom. I guess it updated to the previous version?

Edit: I checked and my Oasis 3 updated to 5.13.7, hence, no back button. When I go to advance options the option for updating to the latest firnware is greyed out?
Although version 5.14.1 is available it appears that Amazon is still rolling out the previous version, 5.13.7.

If you want the new version without waiting weeks or months you will need to downloaded it from Amazon and copy it to your Kindle via USB.

Amazon Device Software Updates
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 09:09 AM   #17
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Although version 5.14.1 is available it appears that Amazon is still rolling out the previous version, 5.13.7.

If you want the new version without waiting weeks or months you will need to downloaded it from Amazon and copy it to your Kindle via USB.

Amazon Device Software Updates
Yea, I'm doing that now. I tried to do a roll back to previous fw, but it wouldn't let me. I'd rather have not updated at all and been at the version before 5.13.7

Back is there now, but it's limited and not as good as before. In previous FW the back button would go back several steps and functions, this is just limited to going back to the previous page.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2021, 11:27 AM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Kobo lets you go back. Amazon Kindle doesn't.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 11:39 AM   #19
ash2017
ash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeash2017 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Updated my Kindle Paperwhite 7 Gen. today.
ash2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 02:46 PM   #20
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash2017 View Post
Updated my Kindle Paperwhite 7 Gen. today.
Fortunately (from my point of view) still no upgrade for the Voyage. And I've got my 7th generation Paperwhite permanently stuck at at 5.9.7. So, hopefully, I'll never see these updates.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2021, 03:02 PM   #21
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
As an aside, is series grouping US-only or something? I've been waiting for it for literally years now (in the UK) and it still hasn't appeared.
Yes, it will depend on the storefront. Apart from US storefront, I don’t know which support it.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 03:37 PM   #22
tabascosw
tabascosw began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkassassinua View Post
Who have jb and 5.14.1 - jb survives after update?
JB survives on my PW 7th. generation.
tabascosw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 05:44 AM   #23
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I chatted with Amazon customer service and expressed my dismay over removing the back button. Sometimes I end up navigating to multiple points and the new implementation only allows for navigating to one point and back. Poor. He was nice and said he'd pass on my comments to the appropriate folks.
Old 10-09-2021, 06:29 AM   #24
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Yes, it will depend on the storefront. Apart from US storefront, I don’t know which support it.
Series is now on the UK Amazon. But it and Collections are rubbish on a Kindle compared to Kobo Libra + Calibre. Wife isn't going back to Kindle, she reads lots of "sideloaded" series from Gutenberg and still can read new Amazon purchases on the Kobo.
Old 10-10-2021, 06:17 AM   #25
drofgnal
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Series is now on the UK Amazon. But it and Collections are rubbish on a Kindle compared to Kobo Libra + Calibre. Wife isn't going back to Kindle, she reads lots of "sideloaded" series from Gutenberg and still can read new Amazon purchases on the Kobo.
How do you read amazon purchase on Kobo. Calibre, deDRM, and side loading?
Old 10-10-2021, 06:20 AM   #26
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
How do you read amazon purchase on Kobo. Calibre, deDRM, and side loading?
Of course.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 11:24 AM   #27
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Of course.
And I did all that for the Kindles. Backup and what if Amazon abandons Kindle and the one I had broke?

Don't be locked in.
Old 10-11-2021, 11:01 AM   #28
Guiltyr1
Connoisseur
Guiltyr1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Padigital Novel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
It is also the second skipped update for the Voyage.
I too am very disappointed in this...
Guiltyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 04:46 PM   #29
Pyjam
Zealot
Pyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityPyjam has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kindle Voyage
Ignore my question. I found the answer on Youtube.

Last edited by Pyjam; 10-11-2021 at 05:28 PM.
Pyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 06:37 AM   #30
MagratG
MagratG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I've just update from a Kindle 4 to a Kindle Paperwhite 10th generation running the latest 5.14.1 firmware. Luckily my old Kindle is still working as I won't be using the new Paperwhite much until someone finds a way to get Calibre Collections to work with it. I have hundreds of books, nicely sorted into collections and series which make using a Kindle a joy. That's all broken on the Paperwhite.
Maybe if some manages to 'Jailbreak' my Paperwhite then I might start using it all the time - it does have some nice features.
MagratG is offline   Reply With Quote