Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 07-31-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
DailyPlanet
This world is not my home
DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Oasis 2
lrf to mobi???

I was wondering if it is possible to convert unprotected lrf (sony reader files) to something readable by the kindle. i do not have a kindle yet or i would just try till i found something on my own
DailyPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:40 PM   #2
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyPlanet View Post
I was wondering if it is possible to convert unprotected lrf (sony reader files) to something readable by the kindle. i do not have a kindle yet or i would just try till i found something on my own
At this point no. LRF is a terminal format. lrf2html is broken and lrf2mobi does not exist.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #3
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyPlanet View Post
The ABC Amber Sony Converter can convert the file to RTF or HTML, which can then be converted to mobi.

It doesn't do a great job, but it might be good enough.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:32 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
The ABC Amber Sony Converter can convert the file to RTF or HTML, which can then be converted to mobi.

It doesn't do a great job, but it might be good enough.
Good enough? Not even close to 1/2 way decent. It's downright awful. You lose all the graphics and all the formatting. Basically, what you are left with is a text file with links (if even they survive).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #5
Canterbury Tail
Enthusiast
Canterbury Tail began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Yeah, the ABC Amber converter is pretty much the worst converter out there that I've encountered. The output is just plain dreadful.
Canterbury Tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert