Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #601
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I just bought her Outlander Audible for $3.99. I don't know if you were around when it was a free book but if you own the Kindle book you can get the Audible for only $3.99! I was looking for something to buy I wanted to listen to as I needed one more book to get the $10 dollar credit so I picked this up and then saw it's 33 hours!??! OMG. I've never listened to an audiobook that long I don't think.

Tell me it's worth it.
I'm listening to Outlander right now and I'm enjoying it. It downloads in four parts and I'm somewhere in the second part. However, I enjoy the Outlander series -- I have all of the books in the main storyline and have read them all at least twice. I know I skim a lot and listening to it is forcing me to realize just how much I tend to miss when I read; the story has gotten even better for me.

Since starting my Audible subscription, this is the first time I've actually listened to one of the books (although I have listened to audiobook cassettes and CDs in the past and have somewhat of an idea what I might enjoy as an audio version.) The reader is very good and is part of the reason I feel like I'm getting a richer version of the story.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #602
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
I was so excited to read the Outlander series based on so many people recommending it, however, once I started, I didn't like it. I read until about the 3rd book and stopped. I didn't get it but so many people liked the series I thought perhaps I was missing something. It didn't do much for me.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #603
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I just bought this last month, haven't read it yet and now it's free.
A Beautiful Struggle by Lilliana Anderson:
*** ADULT CONTENT WARNING *** contains sex scenes not suitable for under 18s

Katrina Mahoney has a very full life attending university to study a law degree, training for triathlons and now she is working part time as well. She couldn’t possibly find time for a relationship, especially after her last one ended so catastrophically.

Right now she is content focusing on work, study and training while hanging out with her best friend David Taylor, a womaniser with a heart of gold that would do anything for Katrina – except watch her get hurt again.

That is, until the dashing Elliot Roberts, a junior solicitor from her work, shows an interest in her despite their office’s ‘No Dating’ policy.

Katrina struggles with following her heart or following her mind and has trouble seeing where her heart truly lies.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ATC7GLU?...SIN=B00ATC7GLU
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #604
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
I was so excited to read the Outlander series based on so many people recommending it, however, once I started, I didn't like it. I read until about the 3rd book and stopped. I didn't get it but so many people liked the series I thought perhaps I was missing something. It didn't do much for me.
I couldn't get through the first part of Outlander the first time I read it -- I put it down for three or four years before I tried it again. For whatever reason, *that* time I really got into it and have been collecting the series ever since.

It isn't for everybody -- I can see why you stopped at book 3 but am also impressed that you pushed through the first two books when you didn't care for it. (After all, I originally bailed on the first book when it was still only introducing the first two characters -- I dumped it *that* early. )
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #605
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
I will definitely look into Bet Me!

I've read a few by Shalvis, recently finished the first in the Lucky Harbor series with two more to go. Didn't love the first one, but that was more about the main character than her writing.
I love her book Shadow Hawk. It's romantic suspense though. It was my first book by her I read. It's a Harlequin Blaze but really it doesn't fit that category. If Jill ever decides to write more suspense books she's got my vote! She does it really well.

Quote:
What is with the cliffhangers?! These two were both high on my TBR list, but knowing they have cliffhangers they'll be moving down. I totally didn't realise they were both first in a series... Seems to be a very big trend in NA.
They are very big in YA and Urban Fantasy. As we know 50 Shades has cliffhangers too. In New Adult Fiction it seems to be the norm. I don't care for it either. You could say it's good marketing.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #606
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Funny is hard to find in contemporaries and we all have such different tastes in humor.

I liked the Kowalski series also. It has really good banter between the characters. Looking through my list I would say that other authors that do banter really well are Julie James and Ruthie Knox. Victoria Dahl's first contemporary book, Talk Me Down was hilarious and hot. The other two books in the series were also good, but not as funny.

Victoria Dahl's Talk me down is very Sexy and the heroine is not your typical type. She's aggressive, confident and chases the hero. I enjoyed it but didn't find it funny.

I totally agree it's hard to find funny contemporaries. Some of the authors I have read that made me smile of course Christie Craig, Jennifer Crusie, Janet Evanovich, Susan Anderson, Susan Donovan, Rachel Gibson, Jill Shalvis, Jane Graves, Elaine Fox, Carly Phillips and Pam Warren. Not all books they write are humorous but some of them are pretty darn cute.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #607
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Thanks everyone on your feedback on Outlander. I checked and it's longer than the Harry Potter books so I was a little worried. Now I see it's something I am going to have to try for myself and see if I like it.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #608
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free @ Amazon

Captured by Victoria Lynne
(Civil War Romance)

Maybe Baby by Lani Diane Rich
Note: Speaking of funny romances. This is one author that was recommended to me I have not read her titles yet even though I got them all for free. One of the reviewers used the word Kooky. That's right up my alley!

Indies:

Chasing Beautiful
by Pamela Ann
(Chasing Series)

Jane Doe's by Jen Talty

The Secret Truth at Dare Ranch by Cheryl Gorman

The Rancher and The Event Planner
by Cheryl Gorman
(A Salvation Texas Novel)
Old 04-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #609
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
For those looking for humorous contemporaries, have you tried Shannon Stacey's Kowalski series?
  1. Exclusively Yours
  2. Undeniably Yours
  3. Yours to Keep
  4. All He Ever Needed
  5. All He Ever Desired
  6. All He Ever Dreamed
I find parts laugh out loud funny. She writes great family dynamics.
I have the first two in Audible. It's on my TBR. I have the first two in ebook as well but Lauren Fortgang is the narrator so Audible it is.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #610
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
A Beautiful Struggle by Lilliana Anderson:
Don't you just hate when that happens? I've had it happen alot. I've brought many books and within a day they were free.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #611
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I started reading the Outlander series 15 years ago after my younger child was born. I spent a *lot* of time breastfeeding and I was able to hold the book while doing so. Gabaldon has/had an email list that I joined years ago and in one of the interviews she talks about how she was quite surprised about the success of the first book and in writing subsequent books she had to fix the historical inaccuracies. I thoroughly enjoyed the first few books but my interest lagged in the last two which I still need to read.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #612
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

On Sale Only @ Amazon $0.99

Taste for Trouble by Susan Sey
(Blake Brothers 01)
Note: Many authors on Facebook recommended her.

Quote:
On the field, soccer star James Blake is pure poetry. Off the field? He’s pure trouble. When his fondness for fast women and bar brawls lands him a suspension from the game, he’s prepared to take his punishment like a man. But since when does a suspension come with a live-in nanny?

TV baking maven Belinda West is the epitome of home-made hospitality, on-screen and off. The personal is the professional when you’re selling the good life, after all. But when her wedding day implodes in front of a live studio audience, Bel’s career goes into a death spiral. She’ll do anything to save it, even take charge of soccer’s most famous bad boy.

To hell with the morals clause in his contract; James isn’t about to shape up for some knock-off Mary Poppins. But since when does Mary Poppins laugh like a naughty angel and smell like sugar cookies? He’s not looking for love but that kiss of hers is practically perfect in every way. And James has a powerful taste for trouble.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #613
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
For those looking for humorous contemporaries, have you tried Shannon Stacey's Kowalski series?
There are ALL available at my eLibrary! Yay!
Found some Jennifer Crusie and Christie Craig too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
That is SO frustrating! I'm totally commiserating - just bought a book at Kobo which is going to be $0.99 tomorrow.
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #614
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
There are ALL available at my eLibrary! Yay!
Found some Jennifer Crusie and Christie Craig too!

That is SO frustrating! I'm totally commiserating - just bought a book at Kobo which is going to be $0.99 tomorrow.
Which book is that?

The library is a great place to sample new authors.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #615
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It just change this morning. I checked before I asked again on the Amazon Romance forum yesterday and it was enabled. I was on Lendle yesterday and now the page has been removed. Well poopers...

Edit! Oh YES I just check my email and someone loaned it to me! Woohoo I beat the deadline!
Glad you made it (and hate indie authors that turn off lending).

Business and Pleasure, the first novella in Lynn Lafleur’s Lavender Lace series, is free in the Kindle store, from Barnes & Noble, AllRomance and direct from the publisher, Ellora’s Cave

http://www.amazon.com/Business-Pleas.../dp/B003ATPRE2

Reveal Me, the first novella in the Unveiled series by Cari Quinn, is free in the Kindle store, from Barnes & Noble, Sony, AllRomance and direct from the publisher, Ellora’s Cave.

http://www.amazon.com/Reveal-Me-ebook/dp/B004LB49JM/
koland is offline   Reply With Quote