Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #16
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koboyashi View Post
Please, could you post or PM that Python script? Maybe one could implement a button into your weather app to restart nickel.
Sure, I've put the script on Pastebin here.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #17
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@sven:
The Glo has two keys as well, the power slider (116) and the light button (90).
My script does read from /dev/input/event1 for the touch screen, and my Tetris
port for the Touch works on my Glo as well, so I think that the Touch and Glo
use the same codes for touch events.
Advert
Old 11-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #18
sven
Enthusiast
sven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks, I saw it already in your python script you have put on Pastebin. The thing what makes me wonder is, that my debug log clearly gives me a 102 when I press the home button. But apparently it seems to work on your Glo as well, as you mentioned earlier. I have to investigate to discover the magic behind.
sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #19
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
Sure, I've put the script on Pastebin here.
Thank you
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #20
KevinShort
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven View Post
@KevinShort:
Thank you for your feedback. I am a bit surprised that there is an offset on the touchscreen of the Glo. I guess your script reads the /dev/input/event1 as my app does. Since I don't have an Glo, I am relying on my virtual Kobo only, and there it works fine, at least on my PC. Nevertheless, I will have a look into it.
I took a quick look at your code, and I think I've found the cause of the touch offset problem.
in KoboTouchInput.java, line 260:
Code:
start = new Point(600 - ypos, xpos);
The Glo's Y resolution is 758, while the Touch's is 600. To work on the Glo, the code needs to be:
Code:
start = new Point(758 - ypos, xpos);
The same change must also be made on lines 209, 230, and 277.
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #21
sven
Enthusiast
sven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thank you very much! That seems to be the solution. Sometimes it is not sufficient to rely on simulators only.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:05 AM   #22
notzed
notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kobo touch
I hardcoded the touch size into the code, but a query of the framebuffer should tell it what the actual size is and is trivial to add to the jni.

FWIW I just got a glo, although it might be a while before I try ReaderZ on it. Mostly out of sheer laziness ...
notzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #23
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Hi to everyone, sorry for the offtopic, but I'm trying to find the proper ioctl to get the screen to refresh and didn't manage to... since you seem to have everything already figured out, could you give me directions?

never mind, I found it out:
http://code.google.com/p/mediaz/sour...inkfb/einkfb.c

Last edited by giorgio130; 01-15-2013 at 09:48 AM.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #24
notzed
notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.notzed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kobo touch
sven - I know this is probably an oversight, but you really need to include the source code to einkfb.c and the makefiles.

Currently you are violating the license terms by not including them.
notzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #25
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
In fact I was thinking the app was using a proprietary library...
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #26
sven
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by notzed View Post
sven - I know this is probably an oversight, but you really need to include the source code to einkfb.c and the makefiles.

Currently you are violating the license terms by not including them.
That hasn't been by purpose. I uploaded the einkfb.c and some related files, but I have no makefile, since I compiled the library on a windows box:

Code:
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -I"C:\Program Files\CodeSourcery\Sourcery G++ Lite\arm-none-linux-gnueabi\libc\usr\include" -L"C:\Program Files\CodeSourcery\Sourcery G++ Lite\arm-none-linux-gnueabi\libc" -shared -Wall einkfb.c EInkFB.h -o libeinkfb.so