Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
teknoteach
teknoteach will become famous soon enoughteknoteach will become famous soon enoughteknoteach will become famous soon enoughteknoteach will become famous soon enoughteknoteach will become famous soon enoughteknoteach will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Vox
Evernote for Kobo Vox

Hello. I didn't see this posted, so I thought I'd share. People have been trying to find a way to get Evernote on their Kobo Vox and since the Android market is not available, people have not found Evernote. I came across a link in an Evernote blog

http://s.evernote.com/androidbeta

direct link to the package - I just installed it on my Vox. It is build 205036 Version 3.3.0 Beta 3

It seems to change as they build a new beta (this was from a 2009 forum) Hope this is helpful! Just had to share.
teknoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
trek790
Enthusiast
trek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheese

Cool!
trek790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
GJSmith
Connoisseur
GJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it is

I had never heard of this so looked it up and I have to ask...... Is no one worried about having their life "out there" on a server some where?
All this cloud stuff is going to come back and bite... and you know I am not normally a paranoid person. LOL
GJSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:14 AM   #4
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJSmith View Post
I had never heard of this so looked it up and I have to ask...... Is no one worried about having their life "out there" on a server some where?
All this cloud stuff is going to come back and bite... and you know I am not normally a paranoid person. LOL
You can set up your own "cloud" server and have all the benefits without the cost or legal issues.

Anything that is stored on a cloud server can be subpoenaed without a warrant. Anything on your own computer/server cannot.

Your own server can be made to be at least as secure as a cloud service with the added advantage of security by obscurity (Amazon is a target that people can aim at, whereas people won't even know your server exists, let along where it is).

I think you could guess where I stand on Chromebooks.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:04 PM   #5
easterncoyote
Zealot
easterncoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kobo Touch
Thanks Teknoteach, I was trying to find a way to get Evernote on my Vox. It looks and works great!
easterncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJSmith View Post
Using Evernote and having one's life on it are very different things. If I am going to an important meeting, I can take notes using Evernote and my team can monitor as i go along and save. Knowing that my team will text/email me if they think I need to know something or need some additional information is a good thing. Now, I would not post/store anything "secret" in this way.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #7
gurl heroin
gurl heroin began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox (with some regrets)
thank you!!!! been trying to sort this out for quite a while! Thanks a bunch!
gurl heroin is offline   Reply With Quote