Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Steve Jobs Bio

I was able to get this from the library. Personally i think Steve Jobs was an ahole, but his life was quite fascinating and this is a very good book.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:22 AM   #2
Arthur Slade
Enthusiast
Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
I'm enjoying the book. Funny thing, I bought the ebook. Didn't realize how long the book is until I saw it in a bookstore.
Arthur Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I'm halfway through it and enjoying it a lot. I never knew what an a-hole he was! I'm glad the book is not a puff piece, Isaacson is definitely critical of him. Unless he's building the narrative to a third act where Jobs matures and becomes a wonderful person. I was also surprised at what a saint Wozniak was.

I bought the hardcover, in part because the ebook was too darn expensive, and in part because I knew I wanted to "keep" this book. Yes, of course you keep the books you have on your ereader, but it's not the same as having it on the bookshelf. Anyway, the pbook has a nice photo insert. It's a handsome book but the cover is warping.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
For a quicker view of Jobs and why praising him is questionable, see The New Yorker magazine article The Tweaker. After reading that article I felt vindicated in never having bought an Apple product. But I'll give Jobs this much: he was an idol that any schizophrenic could admire. Jobs was living proof of the need for mental health care coverage. I can't imagine being married to him.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #5
CndChaos
CndChaos began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I was just surprised at how much crying he did. I think it'd be quite a drinking game to take a drink everytime it is mentioned that he cried at something.
CndChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert