Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-31-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
klastbreath
klastbreath began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy how to de-register and register kindle3 outside USA

Hi there,
I recently got a kindle 3wifi as a gift and i tried to register it via my amazon account but then it said it's already registered to another account.
but i dont think it's registered cos it still asks me to register it. it was said i have to de-register it then register it to myself. i can't cos i dont live in the US.
i really want to use the collection part. i already tried jailbreak but it seems something goes wrong.
someone please help me, thanks
klastbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
l..k
Enthusiast
l..k began at the beginning.

Device: k3
Contact the one who gave you the gift. Amazon registered my kindle to my account right at the day of shipment and even informed me about this via email. The kindle itself was never used so it appeared as not registered after power on. The one who bought it certainly have it registered to his account and you have to either use his email and password on your kindle or ask him/her to deregister it from amazon account.

In any other case just write an email to kindle-support.

Cheers
l..k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
l..k
Enthusiast
l..k began at the beginning.

Device: k3
And BTW it does not matter where you live you can have an account at amazon.com. Well, you have to create account at amazon.com to have anywhere to register your kindle to - so what does that mean "I can't because I don't live in the US"?
l..k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
The PP is correct. By default Amazon will register a kindle to the Amazon account that purchased it unless they indicated it was a gift. You need to de-register it from that account and set it up on your own.

Assuming you have the WiFi set-up on the Kindle

go to the Home Page

Menu
Settings
Make sure where it says "DeRegister" is underlined
Click the middle button from the 5-way controller

Then you can either register it to your account via the Amazon webpage or the Kindle itself
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle3/register