Banned
Amy GD is on a distinguished road

Device: none
I am getting ready to go for a walk...
Amy GD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #35792
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'd be weaving moonbeams into my hair... if I had hair. (Would woven moonbeams work as well in ear hair?) I guess I'll just have to settle for weaving some macreme mobile phone holders for the folks in my Senior Citizen conversation group. They asked for some last week and I promised I'd make them for them. I'm thinking that even if I do, I'm going to teach them how to make them this afternoon. A lot of new vocabulary words will be necessary...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #35793
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Sounds like fun. I am enjoying sitting by the fire, preparing to go into the hot tub.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #35794
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I just locked the catflap to my rooms because Lexie was driving my crazy. I accidently discovered a new cat aphrodisiac. I had two left over showergels, Dirty (minty) and Grass (grass) by Lush, each not enough for a shower but together it was enough, so I mixed them. Lexie likes the scent of many Lush products but this combination had her stalk me to try and lick my skin.
My dog comes running whenever I put on lotion. Fortunately, some of them don't appeal to him. BUT the ones that do appeal -- well, I get a great lot of doggy kisses, and less lotion on my legs. I make sure to apply a lot to start with!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #35795
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
My dog comes running whenever I put on lotion. Fortunately, some of them don't appeal to him. BUT the ones that do appeal -- well, I get a great lot of doggy kisses, and less lotion on my legs. I make sure to apply a lot to start with!
LOL. Lexie doesn't react when I use Dirty as a showergel on its own, but if I use it as a shampoo (can be done with many of Lush's showergels) I have to keep an eye on her that she doesn't sneak up on me on the back on the sofa to chew on my hair.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #35796
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Drinking some Sencha and having a few squares of Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #35797
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I'm deciding what to have for lunch. I just spent the last hour talking to my husband, using our conversation as an opportunity to talk myself out of buying a Kindle PW or a Kobo Glow, only to have him take the opportunity to talk me into buying HIM a Kindle PW or a Kobo Glow! I love his arguments: "If you get a new ebook reader for me, you will probably just end up being the one using it anyway and passing me one of your old ones, like you always do with electronics!"
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #35798
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My uncle emailed me some scans of old pictures of me he took when I was young. I was blonde! I always tease my sister that she's blonde (oh, come on, if you're watching speed skating and several skaters fall in the same corner and you say "oh, it must be slippery in that corner" you deserve to be teased ). However, she rocked a great afro when she was young, I didn't.

So I thought it was time to update my profile pic. I used to be cute, don't know what happened .
Old 03-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #35799
DrDln
Banned
DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I don't know what all you sickies are doing, but ya gotta stop this right now! Being sick simply isn't good for you. I'm gonna send some positive healthy energy out to ya, but you have to use it yourself. I can't do that part for you...
Stitchawl
Good one. I join you too for sending all the healthy/healing energy to recover and be full of energy. Wish you all the best.
DrDln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #35800
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
My uncle emailed me some scans of old pictures of me he took when I was young. I was blonde! I always tease my sister that she's blonde (oh, come on, if you're watching speed skating and several skaters fall in the same corner and you say "oh, it must be slippery in that corner" you deserve to be teased ). However, she rocked a great afro when she was young, I didn't.

So I thought it was time to update my profile pic. I used to be cute, don't know what happened .
Awww, cute little you.
Quote:
I'd be weaving moonbeams into my hair... if I had hair. (Would woven moonbeams work as well in ear hair?) I guess I'll just have to settle for weaving some macreme mobile phone holders for the folks in my Senior Citizen conversation group. They asked for some last week and I promised I'd make them for them. I'm thinking that even if I do, I'm going to teach them how to make them this afternoon. A lot of new vocabulary words will be necessary...

Stitchawl
Did you teach them? Pics please.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #35801
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Trying to wake up so we can leave for the Flea Market. It will be another day of selling off my memories, whittling down the dross that doesn't need to follow us to Thailand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Did you teach them? Pics please.
Yes, we had a fun class. I didn't take pictures, but I can still clearly hear them chanting as they tied their knots;
"Reft over light, light over reft. Reft over light, light over reft..."

Stitchawl
Old 03-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #35802
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I just played the new Simcity for two hours, which is long for me nowadays. Not taking into account the server problems, I love this game. It looks easy, but it isn't. I'm glad I don't have to put the power lines, sewage and water pipes myself anymore, they now come pre-installed under the road. The maps are small, however, it makes you think more about how you want your city. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can get two of my cities to exchange good and services.

Now it's time to relax in bed with a nice cup of tea and either a movie or a couple of episodes of a tv series.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #35803
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Trying to wake up so we can leave for the Flea Market. It will be another day of selling off my memories, whittling down the dross that doesn't need to follow us to Thailand.

Yes, we had a fun class. I didn't take pictures, but I can still clearly hear them chanting as they tied their knots;
"Reft over light, light over reft. Reft over light, light over reft..."

Stitchawl
That must have been fun to watch and listen as they worked. I'd love to see a pic of the one you mentioned you were going to make.

Right now, I'm off to slice apples to go with my strawberries for dessert.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #35804
Stitchawl
Opsimath

The Luck of the Irish, and I'm not even Irish!

We were at a small flea market in Osaka, Japan today. Very small indoor thing with only about 50 vendors. We were one of the vendors, getting rid of some trash and treasures before we start packing for the move. Before the general public was allowed in, I took a stroll, looking at what the others were selling. Most was old clothing, dishes, kids stuff, etc., but one guy had lots of boxes of 'trash.' Old buttons, corkscrews, marbles, magazines, a few lighters, and a couple of knives... And I'm a Knifeknut!

I looked at the knives and the only thing that caught my attention was a rusty old Warncliff-bladed thing that looked sort of home-made. He only wanted 300 Yen (about $4 USD) and I don't have any Warncliffs in my collection, so I bought it. The more I looked at it, the more I thought...'there just might be something good hidden inside all the dirt and rust...'
I brought it home and started cleaning it up. The handles was obviously made in an hour or two by someone who didn't know woodworking, and the rivets are hand peened but I figure I could deal with that. The rust wasn't too bad, only two small pits near the spine. An hour or two with Flitz and Simichrome polish had the blade just about sparkling... and revealed a hand forged blade with the Japanese characters hand-stamped into the ricasso... Hitachi Yasugi Tama-hagane!!!

(I realize this has absolutely no meaning for you at all. I understand. So to put it in perspective, this is like buying a glass ring and discovering once you got home that the glass was really a diamond. The tama hagane steel in this little pocket knife, only the steel, BEFORE it was even shaped into a knife blade, would be worth about $300 USD today...Remember, that's BEFORE the folding and hammering, folding and hammering, folding and hammering it into about 1,000+ layers BY ONE OF THE WORLD'S FORMOST METAL WORKERS.)

I'm guessing perhaps it was made in the early days of Hitachi Steel, probably back in the '20's or '30's, forged this in his spare time from tama hagane from the Yasugi steel works, whipped up a quick handle for it, and carried it as his EDC...

I'm going to contact Hitatchi and Yasugi and see if I can get some more information from them.

Tomorrow I'll sharpen it. Steel like this can take an edge so sharp it would make your eyes bleed if you look at it!

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 03-10-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #35805
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Fantastic find, Stitchawl. Are you going to get it valued once you have worked your magic on it (does that includes fashioning a new handle yourself)?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?