Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool mobi to mobi conversion

I downloadad a new cover and replaced the one in the metadata (0.8.36), then to replace the old cover with the new cover in the mobi file before sending it to my Kindle Keyboard I did a mobi to mobi conversion and set the mobi output to not add a table of contents to the book (since when there's already one, not doing this creates a second one). Now the kindle goto option has the table of contents greyed-out which was not the case before the conversion. Also Kindle previewer and Calibre's internal book viewer do the same (cannot send me to the in-line TOC)
alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I tried that with a MOBI file and it worked for me. There's likely something gnarly about that particular MOBI. Open a bug report and attach the file, and I will take a look.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Bug Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I tried that with a MOBI file and it worked for me. There's likely something gnarly about that particular MOBI. Open a bug report and attach the file, and I will take a look.
Done.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:25 AM   #4
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Bug Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thanks, I appreciate the swift resolution.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Bug Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Thanks, I appreciate the swift resolution.
Thanks, it works now.