Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #16
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
For the books which give you a technical problem error message on the website, you have to use the Borders Desktop app (possibly you can use the Kobo Desktop app, someone else has been using it for their Borders account above) to search for each problem book title in the built-in store, and then pick "Download" when you see the free version.

This will automatically add a copy of the book to your Library on the website, and apparently the ePub links will show up a day later or so.

I'm afraid I can't help you with actually getting the books to display on your Kobo, as I don't have one myself. Hopefully someone else will.

Welcome to MobileRead!
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #17
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
I think the reader has to be authorized also in ADE for DRM'd material to work or at least the books have to be downloaded to the reader from ADE. So it's ADE first then into the reader. (that's how the Sony works) and you also can't download DRM'd books to SD cards, only to main memory of reader. You cannot read DRM'd material in calibre.
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #18
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendi View Post
Hi--I'm relatively new to all this.

I d/l'ed 23 of the books (the others said there was a technical problem). The epubs are fine. The pdfs are readable in ADE, and ported successfully to my Kobo (that is, I can see them from Windows), but they aren't visible from within the Kobo itself.
PDFs show up under documents rather than books. Is that maybe the problem?
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #19
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tponzo View Post
I think the reader has to be authorized also in ADE for DRM'd material to work or at least the books have to be downloaded to the reader from ADE. So it's ADE first then into the reader. (that's how the Sony works) and you also can't download DRM'd books to SD cards, only to main memory of reader. You cannot read DRM'd material in calibre.
I have all of my drm books backed up on a SD card and I can open and read them just fine.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #20
Serendi
Serendi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
PDFs show up under documents rather than books. Is that maybe the problem?
Yup, sure is. Thanks!
Serendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #21
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
I have all of my drm books backed up on a SD card and I can open and read them just fine.
Hi cfrizz,
Are the drm books you have from the library? I can't get the library books to open when I download them to the SD card?
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote