Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 06-23-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Coleridge, Samuel Taylor: Rime of the Ancient Mariner (Illust. by Dore). June 2007

This is a wonderful old Poem by Coleridge. Kind of a horror story in the sense of Poetic justice. X-files meets Twilight zone on the high Sea. Lavishly illustrated by Gustav Dore. He was famous for his woodcuts. Reading Moby Dick the last couple of days spurred me on to do this one. hunted down the Artwork by Dore on the web. I have a reprint of the famous work in old fashioned 'paper' (Sniff)

This is a large file for a short Poem but it turned out great. I love the illustration possibilities with the Sony Reader and Book Designer.

Classic Poetry.

Enjoy
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rime of the Ancient Mariner.zip (6.81 MB, 1560 views)
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:23 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
One of my favourites. Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2007, 11:39 AM   #3
sic
Addict
sic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enough

Device: SONY reader
Wow!!!

-*-

Up the Irons!

- if you know what I'm talking about...

Last edited by sic; 06-25-2007 at 11:42 AM.
sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:00 PM   #4
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

sic... Up The Irons? ....

Sounds terribly Nautically Piratical!!!!

But no, I'm coming up blank...
Old 06-26-2007, 02:21 AM   #5
sic
Addict
sic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enough

Device: SONY reader
Iron Maiden (British heavy metal band) made a great song based on the Rime of the Ancient Mariner, they took the story and even parts of the words.
It appeared on their Powerslave album.
The best music ever!
sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2007, 03:17 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I prefer Wagner .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:11 PM   #7
Roy White
Evangelist

Iron Maiden is awesome... Wagner is OK too.. (Sniff)
Old 07-03-2007, 04:49 PM   #8
Cpt. Tim
Cpt. Tim began at the beginning.

interestingly, it was supposed to be a comet and not a albatross. Apparently there was some time travel involved, an alien ghost, and a fat british man with a habit of getting into trouble.
Cpt. Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:55 PM   #9
Roy White
Evangelist

Cpt. Tim..

Ok Ok!! I admit it... I overstated a bit with the X-files meets The Fantastic four simile!

Your post made me laugh though.

I've often pondered this poem and wondered what it meant...
Old 04-17-2008, 05:52 PM   #10
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
realy loved it.Hows Christabel ?
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:49 PM   #11
bmwvan
Connoisseur
bmwvan is on a distinguished road

Device: hp iPAQ 4700/Fictionwise reader/Sony 505
Thanks for this! One of my favorite stories of all time.
bmwvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:49 PM   #12
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
That is Sooooo nice to look at.
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote