Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-13-2018, 06:11 PM   #31
blackhorus
blackhorus began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Yes, if your kindle is a Paperwhite 3.
Serial is : G090 G105 XXX...

I don't know if my kindle is the version with Special offer, or not? Also, if it's registred, should I remove this from my account?
blackhorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:13 PM   #32
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhorus View Post
Serial is : G090 G105 XXX...

I don't know if my kindle is the version with Special offer, or not? Also, if it's registred, should I remove this from my account?
Strange serial number for a PRS300.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2018, 06:17 PM   #33
blackhorus
blackhorus began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Strange serial number for a PRS300.
Was my old device.. I just changed my profile.
blackhorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:32 PM   #34
bsanh
bsanh began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
The fact that you're able to install and use KUAL and KOReader is confirmation, enough. There should have been a text file (considered Document) saying You are Jailbroken or something to that effect.

Yes you can update to the current available OTA update as that's been confirmed working. Make sure you have the hotfix installed first, though, or you'll lose your jailbreak.

Just as a precaution, don't let it auto-update. It's possible future firmware updates might kill the jailbreak or cause weird behavior on installed software.
Thanks for your help!
One more question:
Before jailbreak, i haven’t logged in my Kindle account
Now after jailbroken, i begin to log in and remove Special Offers
Then i reinstall file ...hotfix...
It still be ok?
bsanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:31 PM   #35
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsanh View Post
Thanks for your help!
One more question:
Before jailbreak, i haven’t logged in my Kindle account
Now after jailbroken, i begin to log in and remove Special Offers
Then i reinstall file ...hotfix...
It still be ok?
Should be fine. Note, I think there might be a new firmware version 5.10.2 that's not been tested yet. I'd be careful with updating to the absolute latest version.

Also note, you might need to reinstall some stuff after updating.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2018, 10:01 PM   #36
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
In this context, an update will drop you back at step #8. You get to skip reinstalling MRPI (because it's a standalone KUAL extension), but that's about it. Everything else will have to be reinstalled (which you can do in a single MRPI session).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:20 AM   #37
bsanh
bsanh began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
In this context, an update will drop you back at step #8. You get to skip reinstalling MRPI (because it's a standalone KUAL extension), but that's about it. Everything else will have to be reinstalled (which you can do in a single MRPI session).
Can you suggest some essential apps for kindle after jailbreak? I can’t find much information about it!
KOreader is only app i can know up to now
Thank you so much
bsanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:58 AM   #38
sirius7
sirius7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Can you suggest some essential apps for kindle after jailbreak? I can’t find much information about it!
Thank you so much
I more prefer CoolReader for reading than KOreader https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=229288
sirius7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:55 AM   #39
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you so much
That is a very subjective question, one that you have to answer for yourself.

The add-ins here cover a very wide range of interests, but none of them are generally essential.
What seems essential to one person seems to be a waste of time to someone else.

The columns of the index page sort-on-click ...
Try that on number of views, that should give you an idea of what is popular. (better than any static list)
Note that the index is nearly 200 pages long (count depends on how your CP display settings are configured).

Last edited by knc1; 12-16-2018 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:54 PM   #40
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
PW3 White G090KB out of the box with 5.8.11 successfully updated directly to the factory 5.9.6.1.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:26 PM   #41
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I confirm successful JB for PW3 5.9.6.1 by your instructions.
Thank you so much!

Details:
Spoiler:

0) Initial state: new PW3 w/o SO, 5.9.6.1 out of box, set English (US), registered during purchase, but never connected to Wi-Fi since arrival.
Blocked OTA via update.bin.tmp.partial directory in root.
1) Serial G090G1
2) Fresh, out of the box Kindle, so I didn't factory reset.
3-4) Got Factory image of 5.9.6.1 from another forum.
md5 is the same though,
a5460e698a531c7770ba2b1ac31667b0

5) K5 Factory JailBreak (Factory FW) | kindle-jb-factory-1.2-r15011.tar.xz | 2018-Dec-10 01:01:02 | 2.9K | 258f1235439d882ed370d6cc1d4da246 |
;installHtml

6) JailBreak-1.15.N-FW-5.x-hotfix.zip (125.4 KB, 90 views)

7) Updated to
update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_5.9.6.1.bin
Then to
update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_5.9.7.bin
JB survived.

8) MR Package Installer | kual-mrinstaller-1.7.N-r15585.tar.xz | 2018-Dec-10 01:02:19 | 820.0K | b933cf98dce052f341d82cbdd75f38a3 |
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:25 PM   #42
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
@mergen3107
Thanks for the feedback!

Lol, so many people installing customer 5.9.6.1 followed by 5.9.7. By step #7, I only meant choose one. The versions I listed are the only ones that can be installed via UYK. Well, those and the "pulled/hidden" and potentially problematic 5.10.1.1.

Installing customer 5.9.6.1 means this jailbreak method is always available even if you do a factory reset and reinstall 5.9.6.1 firmware for whatever reason.

Higher, and you have to be more careful. I believe factory reset deletes the hotfix while installing firmware deletes the jailbreak. Definitely don't do those things in succession if you want to keep the jailbreak.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:50 PM   #43
knc1
Going Viral

After hundreds of edits to my old JB thread, I am certain someone will mis-understand the directions, regardless of how they are written.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:05 PM   #44
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
You can successfully communicate with some people all of the time.

You can successfully communicate with all people some of the time.

But you can't successfully communicate with all people all of the time.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:37 PM   #45
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
@mergen3107
Lol, so many people installing customer 5.9.6.1 followed by 5.9.7.
Experience shows that sometimes it is not a good idea to skip customer FW versions.
So I decided to play safe. You never know, maybe there is something extra present only in customer 5.9.6.1, but not in customer 5.9.7 compared to factory 5.9.6.1

And yes, I am still waiting for new *good* FWs on current 5.9.7

Last edited by mergen3107; 12-17-2018 at 09:45 PM.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, pw3, pw3 jailbreak