Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-09-2016, 02:29 AM   #1
elricks
Long in the tooth junior
elricks began at the beginning.

Device: none
Bug in Tag Mapper

Good afternoon. I have found a glitch, which is really a user error.

I am using 2.48 64 bit with CALM, Find Duplicates, Library Codes, MCS, Quality Check, Reading List, Search the Internet, View Manager, Fantastic Fiction, Fiction DB and Goodreads (all latest versions)

I am using Tag Mapper Rules, and recently created 2 rules using 2 wilds per rule. If my 'matching pattern' is a string of letters with * at the end, all is OK. If the string is *<string of letters>*, the add books process fails.

The error message is - Failed to read metadata from the file(s):
G:/books/all epub after cull/A H Gabhart - [Hidden Springs Mystery 01] - Murder at the Courthouse.epub
With error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\add.py", line 263, in monitor_pool
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\add.py", line 303, in process_result
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\tag_mapper.py", line 104, in map_tags
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\tag_mapper.py", line 24, in matcher
File "site-packages\regex\__init__.py", line 331, in compile
File "site-packages\regex\__init__.py", line 500, in _compile
error: nothing to repeat at position 0

I found my solution (delete the incorrectly formatted rules) by intuition after reading the above. I think I should have known I could not use 2 wild cards, but may I suggest (if possible) you develop a method to prevent a dumb user entering a rule that is not formatted correctly?

SHIRLEY
elricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:04 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The syntax you want is

.*<string of letters>.*

And sure I can probably add some regex validation to the dialog used to create the mapping rules.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert