Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-07-2024, 02:40 PM   #421
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You can find some epub2 ebooks with the same structure and they are also not happy campers when splitting omnibuses.

From either a downloaded ePub or using KindleUnpack to generate the epubs to avoid the calibre artifacts, Vellum created ebooks are not a pretty sight. I run into quite a few from my spouse's ebooks. After the first few, I ended up with a set of saved searches in Sigil to clean them up which then allows splitting omnibuses with a lot fewer issues.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 03:40 PM   #422
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You can find some epub2 ebooks with the same structure and they are also not happy campers when splitting omnibuses.

From either a downloaded ePub or using KindleUnpack to generate the epubs to avoid the calibre artifacts, Vellum created ebooks are not a pretty sight. I run into quite a few from my spouse's ebooks. After the first few, I ended up with a set of saved searches in Sigil to clean them up which then allows splitting omnibuses with a lot fewer issues.
I agree that Vellum is not good. I do wish it would stop being used for commercial eBooks and would go away forever.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM   #423
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Eh, if only strongly wishing for something to go away worked...

Last edited by shamanNS; 04-10-2024 at 08:07 AM.
shamanNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 05:04 PM   #424
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 6 phone, Kobo Clara HD, Libra H2O
Does this plugin split large files within an epub into smaller ones if that's what I want, but within the epub, not into separate new epub files? I have an epub that has a couple files that are bigger than 400k that I'd like to get down to more files of smaller sizes. I've done this manually before, but would prefer to do it more automatically by indicating where I want the splits to be.

I think Sigil does this, fwiw.

Or does Calibre (or another plugin) do this already? If that's the case, I haven't been able to find out where.
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 05:11 PM   #425
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
No.

EpubSplit will split an html file if there's more than one TOC entry into the file and you only choose some of them, but that's about it.

Calibre's Convert book has a 'Split files large than X' feature in the EPUB output section. You might try that with epub->epub conversion.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 05:20 PM   #426
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 6 phone, Kobo Clara HD, Libra H2O
That took care of it along with some minor editing afterward. Thanks!

Last edited by mirage; 04-26-2024 at 05:51 PM.
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 06:46 PM   #427
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage View Post
That took care of it along with some minor editing afterward. Thanks!
Calinre EPUB ->EPUB conversion options can be set to split to close to a target size (260K was needed for early device using RMSDK)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote