Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #2881
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@duceduc: Just to make it clear: JPG files aren't supported (at all, regardless of the size). You'll have to convert those to PNG (8/16/24, although anything other than 8 is overkill if you don't play with the alpha channel).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #2882
duceduc
duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
I've resized the images to 758x1024 as png 16bit. It is still not working for me.
duceduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #2883
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@duceduc:

Hey, we're in the K3 thread! I'm stupid >_<".

So, let's go back to the basics: Which device are you using, and what did you install?
Old 12-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #2884
duceduc
duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.

Oops. :P
Ok, well I got the kindle 3 3G (V3.4) from the usa. I installed:
update_jailbreak_0.11.N_k3g_install
update_ss_0.33.N_k3g_install
Old 12-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #2885
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@duceduc: Okay! That means 600x800, PNG/JPG .

But lets start again from scratch, and in order:

* Uninstall the SS hack
* Remove the linkss folder
* Install the SS hack
* Don't touch the screensavers folder and/or the settings until you see the default custom screensaver
Advert
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #2886
duceduc

Bugger. Still not working for me.

I did:
uninstall the ss hack
remove the linkss folder
Install the ss hack
Check for the default custom screensaver
Upload my images and not deleting the custom screensaver
reboot

I am still seeing only 1 image from the 4 I have included. Each time, the screensaver comes on or I manually put it in screensaver mode, the image rotates to a new one but still not advancing to the next image after that. I didn't add any extra files as well (random, shuffle).
Old 12-11-2012, 04:12 AM   #2887
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
wait... what? It does one screensaver. until the next "power cycle"

Are you expecting the screensaver to change every 30 seconds or something?

This is a low power device. changing the screen every X seconds would be silly.

Am I misunderstanding you?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:00 AM   #2888
duceduc

No, you didn't. It was me. For some reason, I thought it auto advances. So when I installed the hack, it didn't. Now that you mentioned it, I ask a friend to check his virgin unit and you are correct, it stay on one image until the next power cycle. It was working all along for me.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:06 AM   #2889
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
yep.

if you DO actually want it do something like that.

it should be possible to rig an X server to run the X screensavers module. but honestly (and I have done that, of course) it defeats the object.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #2890
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yep, what twobob said. For all intents and purposes, those are actually sleep screens, not screensavers. To switch them, you'd have to actually wake the device up, which entirely defeats the purpose (besides ruining your battery).
Old 12-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #2891
bloodrule
bloodrule began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Font hack issue with Kindle 4.1.0

Apologies if the answer is already in the forum - have looked high and low.
My Kindle 4 (4.1.0) is jailbroken and I have run the font hack without any errors.

The system fonts (menu, home page, top and bottom panels etc) are all nicely upgraded but the fonts in the books themselves are stubbornly unchanged ie I'm still stuck with the Kindle default fonts. I can't figure out why. Any advice or suggestions would be great as I'm going round in circles.

I've tried copying my desired TTF's to the \linkfonts\fonts directory on the Kindle and renaming them Serif_Regular etc but no luck.
bloodrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #2892
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Your books are probably in AZW3 format, which means you have to delete the nobrower file in linkfonts, reboot, and wait a while..... that means those fonts will show up in the browser though...
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #2893
bloodrule

Thanks for replying. Yes maybe that's right about the books' format. But I can't see which fonts you mean in the linkfonts/fonts directory? Which ones are the ones you suggest I should delete? Do you mean the Mono fonts? BTW I never use the browser so changing the browser fonts isn't an issue for me.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #2894
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
There is a file named "nobrowser" in linkfonts. one dir up from linkfonts/fonts. delete that, and you should be good to go
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #2895
bloodrule

Thanks qlob! You solved my problem in 5 mins, after a week of going round in circles. Hope you enjoy your 1000'th post, up next.

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet