Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
reader22
Enthusiast
reader22 understands the importance of being earnest.reader22 understands the importance of being earnest.reader22 understands the importance of being earnest.reader22 understands the importance of being earnest.reader22 understands the importance of being earnest.reader22 understands the importance of being earnest.reader22 understands the importance of being earnest.reader22 understands the importance of being earnest.reader22 understands the importance of being earnest.reader22 understands the importance of being earnest.reader22 understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: none
Fictionwise 15% off

FICTIONWISE WEEKEND: 15% OFF COUPON 'april15off'!

Enjoy 15% OFF ALL your eBooks this weekend with a 15% OFF coupon. To save, use coupon code: 'april15off' during the checkout process.

Shop Now at http://www.fictionwise.com/ !

Not sure of the deadline on this one but assume it is only for this weekend.
reader22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Received the same e-mail and purchased two Rita Mae Browns (Mrs Murphy) mysteries and a Rex Stout that I have had my eye on for a while. The coupon is good until April 18.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Thanks very much for the tip! That was a nice plus. Between the $2 surcharge on all titles to Canada that Amazon charges, and the discount at Fictionwise -- even when some Fictionwise titles are "more expensive" -- I find I am actually buying stuff at Fictionwise for my Kindle 2. And, I just did again!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:55 AM   #4
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
I used it but honestly the selection at Fictionwise at the moment is pretty dire. I am trying to use up my micropay so that I can justify going elsewhere for books but after clearing my greatly reduced wishlist of all books available for epub I still have a bunch left. Crossing my fingers and hoping that Fictionwise gets at least some improved selection over the next little while or else I am going to seriously be looking for recommendations (or branching afield in DRM liberation techniques for formats that I don't have a device for).
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #5
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelC View Post
I used it but honestly the selection at Fictionwise at the moment is pretty dire.
I can relate to that ... as a fellow Torontonian ... but there remain many choices in my reading categories such as mysteries ... in which Fictionwise has content not at Amazon or is cheaper once all discounts are taken into account. But that is dependent on my easy ability to "jailbreak" Fictionwise ePub to be read on a Kindle.

As much as I admire Amazon and Kindle, it's nice to have one or two credible alternatives. I have to say: without the [ridiculously easy] ability to "de-DRM" ePub for the sole purpose of reading on my Kindle ... I'd find little to interest me outside of the Amazon store. At some point, Amazon/Kindle will need to address this problem -- offering non-DRM ePub on the Kindle would go a LONG way to fixing it. And, secondly, working out an Overdrive/Kindle solution for libraries.

Last edited by SensualPoet; 04-19-2010 at 11:03 PM.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2010, 10:07 AM   #6
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
I can relate to that ... as a fellow Torontonian ... but there remain many choices in my reading categories such as mysteries ... in which Fictionwise has content not at Amazon or is cheaper once all discounts are taken into account. But that is dependent on my easy ability to "jailbreak" Fictionwise ePub to be read on a Kindle.
My Sony will read epub so that isn't my problem. I am okay to buy epubs but the majority of stuff left on my wishlist (which isn't much) isn't even available as an epub - only ereader now (and most of these were mobis when they went on the list).

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote