Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
Kaetrin
Connoisseur
Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Calibre crashing all the time

Hello,

I have a Sony-700 and have been using Calibre happily for some months now. Recently we reinstalled Windows Vista Ultimate on our PC and this week also got a new pc (ie we now have 2). One has a 32 bit version of Vista, the other a 64 bit version. I have downloaded a fresh version of Calibre for each and it has remembered the library etc but when I go to import new books into Calibre, some books cause the programme to crash. There is no specific error message, the screen just hangs until it says there is a problem and the programme must close.

It doesn't seem that there is any particular type of book that is causing the crashes. Mostly I buy .pdf files or Adobe DE or ePub files and then import them to Calibre and then send them to my Sony. I usually buy from Books on Board and sometimes eHarlequin. The files are okay - I can open them in Adobe DE but I can't seem to get them into Calibre.

Any suggestions?

Sorry if I've given too much/not enough information (if you need more, please let me know what) - this is my first post!

regards
Kaetrin.
Kaetrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is a bug in calibre 0.5 that can cause it to crash with certain PDF files. Go into the Preferences->Plugins

Then under the metadata reader and Metadata writer plugins disable the plugins for PDF

See if that fixes your crashes
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2009, 06:40 AM   #3
Kaetrin
Connoisseur
Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
thanks so much

Seems to be working. thank you so much for your help!
Kaetrin is offline   Reply With Quote