Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #121
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Thanks, Blue2u and NixLapi I'll pick up the one I was looking at and go from there.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #122
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
Thanks, Blue2u and NixLapi I'll pick up the one I was looking at and go from there.
I bought Elite but have not read it yet.

I'm currently reading REAL by Katy Evans. It has very slow build up. It reminds me so far alot of 50 Shades. The heroine is just so star struck she describes the hero's physical attributes over and over and over. One thing I do not care for is the heroine's language. Not a classy lady at all.
Advert
Old 05-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #123
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Has anyone read anything by Rachel Van Dyken? I looked her up on GR and saw mixed reviews going from the 3s to the 5 star range. I'm wondering if I want to investigate reading any of hereBooks.

What are your opinions?
Quote:
I've read two of hers, The Bet and Elite. The Bet I gave 4 stars (it's more 3.5); I liked the characters and it was funny, though you should hold on tight to your suspension of disbelief for some parts.

I gave Elite only two stars. I didn't like the characters, it has more implausibilities than The Bet, and it ends on a cliffhanger (with no second book in sight yet ).
Old 05-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #124
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I gave Elite only two stars. I didn't like the characters, it has more implausibilities than The Bet, and it ends on a cliffhanger (with no second book in sight yet ).
The sequel to Elite was schedule for November. Ah Just saw Elite's done so well that she is moving up the release of the sequel for Fall.

Last edited by Blossom; 05-07-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #125
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The sequel to Elite was schedule for November. Ah Just saw Elite's done so well that she is moving up the release of the sequel for Fall.
Oh good! There's nothing on the second book at Goodreads. I didn't enjoy Elite but I'm still willing to give the series another try (at the right price ) to see how the love triangle and the other cliff-y things are handled. I just hope it doesn't get dragged out over a number of books.

I just finished a Georgette Heyer mystery and I think I'm ready to continue with the Rock Chick series, with the third book, Rock Chick Redemption.
Advert
Old 05-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #126
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Oh good! There's nothing on the second book at Goodreads. I didn't enjoy Elite but I'm still willing to give the series another try (at the right price ) to see how the love triangle and the other cliff-y things are handled. I just hope it doesn't get dragged out over a number of books.

I just finished a Georgette Heyer mystery and I think I'm ready to continue with the Rock Chick series, with the third book, Rock Chick Redemption.
I have the author on Facebook where she is quite active and she answers her fans questions and one of the most ask is when is Elect coming out. So now I am thinking I am going to wait toward summer to read it. I don't like cliffhangers.

I enjoyed Rock Chick Redemption. Roxie is a likable heroine. Hank is a nice guy now the next one after this one is Vance's book and my favorite out of the series so far.

I'm over halfway done with REAL by Katy Evans. First of all I didn't realize this was a Erotic Romance if I had I would've went into it with a different mindset. I thought it be a young adult book with an actual plot. So those wanting to read it you have been warned. It's 80% talk about the hero's body and how she much she lusts after him. It pretty much follows the same formula that 50 Shades does. I believe this is why it is so popular. There's very little plot but it's hidden under all the sex talk.
Spoiler:
Now they finally had sex and she knows he's condition. I am hoping for a plot to take more over not just be 50% more of sex talk.

Last edited by Blossom; 05-08-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #127
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Well this one dropped in price fast, Katie Ashley's newest Don't Hate the Player is on sale for $0.99. It's a YA/NA with high school seniors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm over halfway done with REAL by Katy Evans. First of all I didn't realize this was a Erotic Romance if I had I would've went into it with a different mindset. I thought it be a young adult book with an actual plot.
Oh no! That would make a big difference!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #128
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post

Oh no! That would make a big difference!
I know none of the reviews I read mention it was a erotic romance. Seriously just like Lora Leigh Katy Evans needs a thesaurus for a certain female anatomy part. The book is full of the P word.
Spoiler:
I don't think the hero's condition is being portrayed medically accurate either. I'm 70% through and still all about sex.

Last edited by Blossom; 05-08-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #129
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free @ Amazon

Flirts! 5 Romantic Short Stories by Lisa Scott
(The Flirts! Collection)

My Favorite Major by Ava Stone
(Heroes Returned Book 1)

Harm's Hunger by Patrice Michelle
Contemporary Western Romance
(Bad in Boots, Book 1)

Medicine Man's Affair by Doreen Owens Malek
Originally published as NATIVE SEASON (1983)
Silhouette Desire Title

Nothing But Heart by Holly Jacobs

Righteous Lies by Patricia Watters
(Book 1: Dancing Moon Ranch Series)

The Rancher Takes A Bride by Sylvia McDaniel
(The Burnett Brides Book 1)

Indies:

Rock Radio by Lisa Wainland

Love Hurts by Brenda Grate
Old 05-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #130
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Heads up DANL members. Check your email for a survey. Complete it and get a code for a free book or try code RTFIND2013.

To use it, it mus be the only item in your cart.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #131
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Heads up DANL members. Check your email for a survey. Complete it and get a code for a free book or try code RTFIND2013.

To use it, it mus be the only item in your cart.
Hey! there are 2 new bundles that the code might work on:
4-book Oliva Cunning bundle
3-book Julie Anne Walker Bundle

I can't test it because I already used my code but it's worth a try if you want these books!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #132
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
Tart by Lauren Dane is on sale for $2.99. It's erotica and has good reviews from some of the book blogs I follow.

Amazon
Kobo
Old 05-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #133
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Hey! there are 2 new bundles that the code might work on:
4-book Oliva Cunning bundle
3-book Julie Anne Walker Bundle

I can't test it because I already used my code but it's worth a try if you want these books!
THANKS APESMOM - Picked up the Olivia Cunning bundle for ........$0.00!!!!!! Yeah - this series was on my Wishlist! Thanks again - great hook-up!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #134
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
This Heart of Mine [Kindle Edition]
Suzanne Hayes (Author), Loretta Nyhan (Author)

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/This-Heart-of-...+Heart+of+Mine

HQN: http://ebooks.harlequin.com/C62389B2...BRiqMLB8ya4KAE

Quote:
In this short prequel to I'll Be Seeing You, authors Suzanne Hayes and Loretta Nyhan introduce you to two extraordinary women who are worlds apart—but whose journals reveal they have more in common than they could ever imagine….

Chicago, 1921

Nineteen-year-old waitress Rita Strauss is trying to make it on her own in the big city, spending most of her time alone with her thoughts. The bright spot in her day is the handsome medical student who's a regular at her diner. Rita fantasizes about what to say to him, wishing she could be more confident—until she decides to take control of her life once and for all.

Rockport, 1940

Socialite Glory Astor thinks it's the best day of her life when her longtime beau, Robert, finally proposes. But everything gets complicated when her childhood friend Levi asks her to run away with him instead, forcing Glory to choose between the two men she cares about the most.

Find out how Rita's and Glory's lives intersect in I'll Be Seeing You. Told through their letters during WWII, this incredible story brings together two unforgettable women who have never met in person yet share an unbreakable bond of friendship.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #135
Loosheesh
Wizard

Do you guys think the DaNL code will work on a preorder? I want to get The Firebird.

ETA: Don't bother; there's no Add to Cart option

Last edited by Loosheesh; 05-08-2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Update
Closed Thread