Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Kindle 4B - Fingerprints? Silver model gone?

I've decided, for a number of different reasons, to return my Paperwhite. I thought that I might use part of the refund money to buy the Kindle 4B, but I was wondering if the black casing of the Kindle 4B attracts fingerprints just as bad as the Paperwhite does? Also, the last time I checked the Kindle 4's page on Amazon.com, the silver model was nowhere to be seen. Am I missing something, or has Amazon discontinued the silver model?
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:00 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
The silver model was discontinued when the Black version came out. Amazon was just trying to get rid of the rest of their stock which they have.

The K4B doesn't have as bad as issue of the PW but I can't see going back to a K4 after using a PW. The difference is appearance and speed would drive me nuts.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2013, 02:53 AM   #3
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
I've been using my old silver K4 and it's never bothered me. I actually prefer the difference in screen appearance. For some reason the darker text on the PW bothered me, and I always found the screens on the K4 and K3 and KT to be bright (white) enough. Speed-wise, the Kindle has always been fast enough for me. I only notice the difference in speed on really old devices like the PRS300, which is a second or more between turning a page, and the page actually changing. If it it's less than a second, I usually don't notice the difference.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote