Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #46
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydovig View Post
You mean that euzhno run "putty" to go on the ssh protocol as the user "Root" and enter "xwininfo -root -children | grep -i leaf"?
Exactly
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #47
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
Exactly
Sorry that I can not do it quickly. Maybe it will be tonight. My mother's birthday and I can not now. I will do it.
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #48
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Quote:
Exactly
I did!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clip.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	92812  
Old 09-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #49
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@silver18: Both the K4 & K5.1 JB, and the latest libkh have a good bit of runtime FW/model detection logic, if you want to see how someone might use this .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-24-2012 at 01:46 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #50
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Now, set your copy of Putty to record a capture file, repeat the command, save the text capture file, edit as required, attach to your post so people can read what happened.

see attached:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Putty_Options.png
Views:	330
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	92814  
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #51
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Lydovig!

You could have done like knc1 suggests or just copy text from putty window and paste here, but it doesn't matter as your screenshot is readable.
It is very strange. I will have a look at changes between the firmwares.

By the way, is there any particular reason why you don't upgrade your kindle? Apart from better version of notepad, of course
Old 09-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #52
Lydovig
Zealot

Quote:
Thanks Lydovig!

You could have done like knc1 suggests or just copy text from putty window and paste here, but it doesn't matter as your screenshot is readable.
It is very strange. I will have a look at changes between the firmwares.

By the way, is there any particular reason why you don't upgrade your kindle? Apart from better version of notepad, of course
JavaScripts work better on the old firmware. I play a lot of backgammon.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #53
Lydovig
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Now, set your copy of Putty to record a capture file, repeat the command, save the text capture file, edit as required, attach to your post so people can read what happened.

see attached:
login as: root
root@192.168.15.244's password:
#################################################
# N O T I C E * N O T I C E * N O T I C E #
Rootfs is mounted read-only. Invoke mntroot rw to
switch back to a writable rootfs.
[root@kindle root]# xwininfo -root -children | grep -i leaf
0x1200003 "L_N:application_ID:net.fabiszewski.leafpad_O:UR L": ("leafpad" "Leafpad") 600x525+0+0 +0+0 MapState=IsViewable
0x120002e "Leafpad": () 10x10+-100+-100 +-100+-100 MapState=IsUnMapped
0x1200001 "Leafpad": ("leafpad" "Leafpad") 10x10+10+10 +10+10 MapState=IsUnMapped
0x1200033 "L_N:Menu_RC:true_M:true": ("leafpad" "Leafpad") 334x353+3+41 +3+41 MapState=IsUnMapped
0x1200058 "Rename File": ("leafpad" "Leafpad") 312x156+280+0 +280+0 MapState=IsViewable
0x120003e "L_N:application_ID:net.fabiszewski.leafpad_O:UR L": ("leafpad" "Leafpad") 600x525+0+0 +0+0 MapState=IsViewable
[root@kindle root]#
Old 09-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #54
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the example.

Even though baf was able to read your screen shot, there are many things that output more than one screen worth of lines.

So the worked example you provided may help some reader in the future.

Wrapping the copy in CODE tags, disabling smilies on the post - -
Those are just nice (but optional) touches.

You usually have to select the "Go Advanced" button on the editor to access those features here.

Last edited by knc1; 09-24-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #55
Lydovig
Zealot

knc1

Log file is created. I copied and posted information. The right way?
Old 09-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #56
knc1
Going Viral

We posted at the same time, looks great.
Thanks for the example, maybe others will follow your lead.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #57
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@silver18: Both the K4 & K5.1 JB, and the latest libkh have a good bit of runtime FW/model detection logic, if you want to see how someone might use this .
Mmmm...nice! I'll study it as I would like to provide a way to check the firmware version before running Komic (if firmware<5.1.0 it'll remove the welcome popup needed to avoid force close in 5.1.0...thanks lab126! ).

Thanks a lot!!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #58
Tonto Zerbino
Tonto Zerbino began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
This looks great! Thank you Baf!

a few noob questions:
-I see on Baf's download page that there is also a patch available. What does this do, and where does it go? (how do I install it?)
-are there plans to make this usable in landscape mode?
-where are these text files saved to? is it possible to save them to the home screen or access them from there? (I saw the comments regarding that in this thread, but wasn't sure how it worked out)
-and finally, only slightly related, how can I edit an sh file?

Thanks for your patience...
Tonto Zerbino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #59
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Patches are for devs. If you don't know - you don't need it.

anything you save to /mnt/us/Documents/blah.txt will be indexed next restart or if instructed to via lipc.

Last edited by twobob; 11-21-2012 at 08:33 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:07 AM   #60
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto Zerbino View Post
-are there plans to make this usable in landscape mode?
Didn't think about that. Do you think it would be useful?
Quote:
-where are these text files saved to? is it possible to save them to the home screen or access them from there? (I saw the comments regarding that in this thread, but wasn't sure how it worked out)
Files are saved to extensions/leafpad/notes folder by default. You can navigate to another directory in file chooser. Double click "../" to go one level higher.
Quote:
-and finally, only slightly related, how can I edit an sh file?
Just select the file in file chooser and it will open as any other text file. However remember that Kindle system files are read-only.

Tags
launcher add-ons