Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #46
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus9999 View Post
As promised here is the uninstall routine for the qtscript and tweaks plugin.

Just attach the reader to your PC and extract the file to the .kobo directory. Unplug the reader and it should install automatically.

This update only replaces the original plugin files with empty files.

Tomorrow I'm providing a new version with 'voom's icons as well as a simple firmware version check. In case the firmware gets upgraded the plugin won't start.

What I'm trying now is to hide the complete Menu and replace it with custom shortcut icons for library .....
I was wondering if you could just add an option to the plugin to do a deinstall, and then all the plugin would need to do is delete the files.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #47
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Hi,

If noone beats me to it, I'll do the french translation. If I understand correctly I have to update koboplugins_fr.ts.

Can someone confirm this ?

Thanks a lot for your work.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #48
quek1982
quek1982 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
A
- Support for different languages (New setting in koboplugins.ini) Currently supported en, de (Looking for someone who can translate to french)
I can translate to french,
but which files?
quek1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #49
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
Hi,

If noone beats me to it, I'll do the french translation. If I understand correctly I have to update koboplugins_fr.ts.

Can someone confirm this ?

Thanks a lot for your work.

Exactly, the translations have to go into koboplugins_fr.ts
ikarus9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #50
quek1982

here is my french translation of koboplugins_fr.ts
Attached Files
File Type: zip koboplugins_fr.zip (922 Bytes, 328 views)
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #51
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Attached is the latest version of the tweaks plugin.

Installation as always:
* Extract KoboRoot.zip to the device into the '.kobo' directory and eject the device. Upgrade should install automatically.

Whats New:

- Fixed icon for shortlist
- Library search is now accessible in the menu (new Entry in the ini file 'showSearch=1'
- added french translation file
- fixed wrong german translation
- added deinstallation button in tweaks dialog
- added new option to remove sync icon in top bar (showSyncIcon=1)
- added functionality to disable wireless timeout (Option in Tweak Dialog)

Thats it for today.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboRoot.zip (45.8 KB, 363 views)
ikarus9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #52
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
ikarus9999,

I find that after the KT shuts down the plugin stops working. Everything returns to standard until I open my library again. Is this right?

Thanks for this!
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #53
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
I find that after the KT shuts down the plugin stops working. Everything returns to standard until I open my library again. Is this right?
It's meant to be like this, due to how nickel loads plugins. It might be possible to get the plugin loaded some other way, but for the moment it's ok and actually has some advantages. Image a fault in a plugin that automatically loads on start and causes nickel to crash. The only option to delete it would be to do a factory reset by holding home during boot, as USB and Wifi are controlled by nickel, and nickel would be dead.
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #54
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Ok. Makes good sense.

Last edited by volpo; 01-26-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: answered my own question.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #55
quek1982

New version of koboplugins_fr
with library search, uninstall, ...
Attached Files
File Type: zip koboplugins_fr.zip (1.1 KB, 308 views)

Last edited by quek1982; 01-26-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #56
quek1982

sorry i did a mistake in the file...
I've re-posted it...

Last edited by quek1982; 01-26-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #57
frankieGom
Interested
frankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Touch & Glo, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Attached is the latest version of the tweaks plugin.

Tried to play with this. Installed libtweaks.so & libqtscript.so to /usr/local/Kobo & restarted the KT then opened the Library but no luck, the main menu remains the same. Is there a way to disable the version check to see if it makes a difference?

François
frankieGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #58
voom
Just me :)
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

Great

Tomorrow I'm on the move; will fix / improve the search-icon after that...

My very personal preference would be to name the search-entry in the menu just plain "Search"

I'm quite happy with these UI-improvements already... Looking forward to see what else can be tweaked and improved
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #59
voom
Just me :)
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Tried to play with this. Installed libtweaks.so & libqtscript.so to /usr/local/Kobo & restarted the KT then opened the Library but no luck, the main menu remains the same.
You need to place the "KoboRoot.tgz" on the Kobo
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:29 AM   #60
frankieGom
Interested
frankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Touch & Glo, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by voom View Post
You need to place the "KoboRoot.tgz" on the Kobo
Sorry, this is indeed what I meant.

I extracted KoboRoot.tgz to .kobo successively from both plugininstall.zip and KobRoot.zip and ejected/rebooted the device each time. When nothing happened I logged into the Touch and checked the files were correctly copied to their intended location then performed an extra reboot (busybox reboot) for peace of mind and no luck. The plugin does not seem to start when I get into my Library. I touch Home screen button, then Library menu option in drop down, then Home physical button out of Library, then Home screen button again and the menu is unchanged.

The only thing I can think of at the moment, unless my process it wrong, is that the version check messes up on this unit... But I'm not quite ready yet to install the dev environment and go into the file yet.

François

Last edited by frankieGom; 01-27-2012 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Typos
frankieGom is offline   Reply With Quote