Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #16
voom
Just me :)
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Touch
I would like to repeat my offer to aid development by creating icons where missing that match the overall Kobo-GUI...

It would be helpful though to have some of the original icons in the format they are used on the device to base my work on Could they be extracted?
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #17
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koboyashi View Post
Hmm, really? In your download I found only a file "libtweaks.so". Could you provide an archive like ikarus9999 does? Anyway, great stuff!
I meant it is the same as it was in my previous posts, sorry. At the moment there's no deinstallation procedure that is as easy as putting a file on the external storage (well, besides doing a factory reset), so I'm not sure if providing a flashable package is a good idea. That will hopefully change very soon as it seems that ikarus9999 is already working on it.

So if you wait for a bit there will probably be a flashable release with more features and shiny new icons.

Last edited by ah-; 01-24-2012 at 02:48 PM.
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #18
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by voom View Post
I would like to repeat my offer to aid development by creating icons where missing that match the overall Kobo-GUI...

It would be helpful though to have some of the original icons in the format they are used on the device to base my work on Could they be extracted?
Here are three icons extracted from the Kobo.
It would be great if you could create some icons especially the browser.

Edit: removed icons

Last edited by ikarus9999; 01-25-2012 at 12:08 AM.
ikarus9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #19
voom
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

I have a first result for browser and tweaks, see pm to both of you... Optimizing icons for eInk turned out to be a little more complicated as I thought, but now they should look fine in regular and inverted state.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #20
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

As promised here is the uninstall routine for the qtscript and tweaks plugin.

Just attach the reader to your PC and extract the file to the .kobo directory. Unplug the reader and it should install automatically.

This update only replaces the original plugin files with empty files.

Tomorrow I'm providing a new version with 'voom's icons as well as a simple firmware version check. In case the firmware gets upgraded the plugin won't start.

What I'm trying now is to hide the complete Menu and replace it with custom shortcut icons for library .....
Attached Files
File Type: zip pluginunistall.zip (406 Bytes, 464 views)
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #21
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Are you doing the check on just the version (1.9.16) or the release number (r3xxxxx) ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #22
BigJ
BigJ began at the beginning.

This looks interesting. I'm a MS Windows person (don't laugh too much ) and this might just be the incentive I need to give Linux another go after about 8 years. I'm assuming the Touch is Linux based not FreeBSD?

Thanks
BigJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #23
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
This looks interesting. I'm a MS Windows person (don't laugh too much ) and this might just be the incentive I need to give Linux another go after about 8 years. I'm assuming the Touch is Linux based not FreeBSD?

Thanks
Yes, the Kobo uses Linux. But it's an embedded distribution, so it's in some regards quite different from typical desktop Linux.

Quote:
Tomorrow I'm providing a new version with 'voom's icons as well as a simple firmware version check. In case the firmware gets upgraded the plugin won't start.

What I'm trying now is to hide the complete Menu and replace it with custom shortcut icons for library .....
I tried the version you committed to github today and it looks good to me. I'm eager to see your new version tomorrow.

Also it looks a lot better now with the new icons, just duplicating the settings icon was a bit boring.
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #24
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
This looks great but I cannot get it to work on my KT.

I copy or unzip 'Libtweaks.so' to my .Kobo directory and then disconnect.

I open the library. I exit the library with the center button and...no change.

Any ideas?

Later: OK it's koboroot.tgz that has to go in the .kobo directory. Got it. What happens when I disconnect? Could I manually reboot (how?) after putting the file (libtweaks.so) in the correct place and get the same effect?

Now how will I get the newer version of the tweak into a TGZ?

Ok 7zip did it. Cool!

Will the next version have the 'Airplane Mode' toggle?

Thanks for toggling the suggestions.

Last edited by volpo; 01-26-2012 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Many questions
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:40 AM   #25
ikarus9999
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Are you doing the check on just the version (1.9.16) or the release number (r3xxxxx) ?
The check is done on the version (1.9.16)
Old 01-26-2012, 04:56 AM   #26
voom

This is a very small visual thing and not really important, but as most entries in the menu are rather short with one word, maybe the "Toggle Airplane Mode" could say "Toggle WiFi" instead to align better with the rest of the menu.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:19 AM   #27
ikarus9999
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by voom View Post
This is a very small visual thing and not really important, but as most entries in the menu are rather short with one word, maybe the "Toggle Airplane Mode" could say "Toggle WiFi" instead to align better with the rest of the menu.
I'll fix that. By the way could you create an icon for the dictionary?
Old 01-26-2012, 05:32 AM   #28
ikarus9999
Connoisseur

Attached is the latest version of the tweaks plugin.

Installation as always:
* Extract KoboRoot.zip to the device into the '.kobo' directory and eject the device. Upgrade should install automatically.

Whats New:

- New Icons for the Browser and the Tweaks shortcut in the menu
- Configuration file for the tweaks now accessible via USB (koboplugins.ini in the .kobo directory) --> will be created if not existing
- User customizable Menu (You can decide which entries are shown in the Menu) --> see koboplugins.ini
- Dictionary and WiFI Toggle (Airplane mode) is now accessible in the menu
- Firmware Version check (Plugin is disabled if Firmware Version doesn't match Firmware version specified in koboplugins.ini)

EDIT: koboplugins.ini is now created if not already exisiting
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboRoot.zip (38.4 KB, 472 views)

Last edited by ikarus9999; 01-26-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:09 AM   #29
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus9999 View Post
... Installation as always:
* Extract KoboRoot.zip to the device into the '.kobo' directory and eject the device. Upgrade should install automatically. ...)
Upgrade? I just installed your new version - nothing happens. Could you include the "libqtscript.so" in your next release?
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #30
ikarus9999
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koboyashi View Post
Upgrade? I just installed your new version - nothing happens. Could you include the "libqtscript.so" in your next release?
What did you do exactly?