Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Okay ....

Maybe (s)he was asking about how much it would cost to advertise .... no doubt if the request is sincere there will be other posts .....

Thanks Harry.

Unfortunately, because of the additional posts - 2 more and with blatant advertising, one of which (and after Harry posted a response as a Moderator) the OP personally invited the risk of being banned - strange behavior, to say the least, from a person on his (her?) 2nd or 3rd post.

It's unfortunate, really, that some people see MobileRead only as a place to hawk their wares, take the money, and then disappear - all this without contributing or building upon the community. Most Members understand this concept; some Members do not.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #17
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
As there were 2 further posts by the OP blatantly advertising, then the correct action and advice has been made.

I must get up earlier in the morning to catch more spam ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:20 AM   #18
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
As there were 2 further posts by the OP blatantly advertising, then the correct action and advice has been made.

Hmm, I usually go to a grocery store to get spam!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:50 AM   #19
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I have something of a personal interest in this because one of these days, when my leatherworking tools and I are at least in the same state, and maybe even in the same house (don't anyone hold your breath; fall at the very earliest), I'll probably be selling book covers myself. Just an Etsy link in my .sig, though.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:15 AM   #20
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
I have something of a personal interest in this because one of these days, when my leatherworking tools and I are at least in the same state, and maybe even in the same house (don't anyone hold your breath; fall at the very earliest), I'll probably be selling book covers myself. Just an Etsy link in my .sig, though.

A small discreet advert, as Harry mentioned, is currently permissible in one's sig. You are also a regular contributor to MobileRead, adding opinions and creating threads that engage the community in topics of discourse.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #21
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
I think it might even be more effective if you put it in your sig and be a regular poster. Because then your product will be visible on more pages!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #22
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Visible to people who have questions about the file structure of calibre, hold mistaken opinions about any reading device equaling (let alone surpassing) the Sony PRS-505, or demonstrate anything except complete antipathy to DRM, anyway. Whether that sub-category of MR members will be a viable market for book covers is another question entirely.

Mostly, if I start making book covers, it will be an excuse to do some leather tooling, which I haven't really done in a decade or more. "I have to take over part of the dining room to set up a workbench because I'll, um, sell some stuff. Really."

Last edited by Worldwalker; 06-14-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #23
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

a short while ago, a little light came on .... and I understood ....
Old 06-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #24
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon

Quote:
a short while ago, a little light came on .... and I understood ....
When that happens to me, it's usually because I'm standing with the fridge door open.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #25
GeoffC

.... I should have realised, it's in the subtle wording of both the request and the moderator replies ....
Old 06-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #26
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.
dorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-books

Device: deceased PRS-600, Nook STR
http://www.etsy.com/

This is the best place I've found to sell homemade goods, like ebook covers. It's very friendly.

Even if OP isn't interested/is banned, someone might be interested!
dorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #27
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Hmm, I usually go to a grocery store to get spam!
Can I have beans without the spam?

--JanG.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #28
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon

If you slice it thin and fry it until it's crispy on the edges, kind of like some sort of synthetic bacony thing, Spam is actually edible. Sort of.

Chopping it up fine, frying it a bit, and then mixing it into scrambled eggs with lots of onions also helps disguise its spamular nature. Lots of onions.

Pity me, for I am married to a spamivore.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #29
GeoffC

such is ones' lot in life ... enjoy ....
Old 06-14-2010, 05:13 PM   #30
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Quote:
If you slice it thin and fry it until it's crispy on the edges, kind of like some sort of synthetic bacony thing, Spam is actually edible. Sort of.

Chopping it up fine, frying it a bit, and then mixing it into scrambled eggs with lots of onions also helps disguise its spamular nature. Lots of onions.

Pity me, for I am married to a spamivore.
That's the best way to have spam (especially the Spicy or Bacon spam) -- but have you ever tried a spam musubi? Or spam fried rice? Good stuff.

cap
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote