Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-24-2014, 11:09 AM   #286
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
My version is 3.5.2

I just checked 3 books and they all look full justified to me. Assuming I understand what that means. No ragged ends on the right?
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:46 AM   #287
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I stand corrected. It looks horrible now. Two of the lines have two words only and some have only three!

ETA: this screenshot is on my phone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1403624720681.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	124591

Last edited by Purple Lady; 06-24-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #288
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ouch, that does look bad. I just went and tried to make my font larger and larger on my Nexus and it still looked fine there, even with few words per line. I went all the way as large is it goes.
I wouldn't be able to read like that either, but then I wouldn't be able to read on a phone screen anyway I don't think. I only have a very old prepaid iphone I can't put any apps on anymore as its not updated so I can't check. Resolution on it is pretty bad anyway, no way to read.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:15 PM   #289
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
The text was definitely not justified when I first started using the app. (Although it was pretty close on the Nexus 7). It appears they have fully justified everything, even reading on the computer. No more ragged right! Some people will hate it, but I love it. I do hope they keep working and improving the display choices.

My Nook has 3.5.1 so I need to update it. But it's still fully justified!

They now have a windows app. Tried it on my windows phone. Font is way too small. Uninstalled. (Also didn't see how to download for offline reading, which if that is not possible, would be a 2nd deal breaker, for me, as my phone is wifi only).

Last edited by booklover6; 06-24-2014 at 01:45 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #290
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Ouch, that does look bad. I just went and tried to make my font larger and larger on my Nexus and it still looked fine there, even with few words per line. I went all the way as large is it goes.
I wouldn't be able to read like that either, but then I wouldn't be able to read on a phone screen anyway I don't think. I only have a very old prepaid iphone I can't put any apps on anymore as its not updated so I can't check. Resolution on it is pretty bad anyway, no way to read.
My Nexus isn't as bad, but the spaces between words is just too large for me. And the second sentence on the screen has ridiculously large spaces.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1403632979997.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	124593
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:51 PM   #291
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by briefcandles View Post
In case anyone didn't know this, you can earn up to four weeks of bonus free time by doing social media stuff like following them on Twitter and liking them on Facebook, and an extra month per signup by getting people to sign up as your referral. You can find the link on your subscription page.
I'm not seeing this where is it suppose to be?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:36 PM   #292
Atunah
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm not seeing this where is it suppose to be?
Top right in the dropdown. You know, where you go to your profile, library, etc. Almost all the way down is "Free subscription" I only did the follow on twitter, but it did add a week to my date. I only get to see that date though in the actual app on the Nexus, not on the computer for some reason. I had a last week in July and now I have August 1st when I first get charged. I don't really do facebook and I don't have any social friends like that to sign up. But it did work and stacked it on to my 3 month free.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #293
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Top right in the dropdown. You know, where you go to your profile, library, etc. Almost all the way down is "Free subscription" I only did the follow on twitter, but it did add a week to my date. I only get to see that date though in the actual app on the Nexus, not on the computer for some reason. I had a last week in July and now I have August 1st when I first get charged. I don't really do facebook and I don't have any social friends like that to sign up. But it did work and stacked it on to my 3 month free.
Is this on the app or on the site because I don't see it.?
Old 06-24-2014, 05:59 PM   #294
Atunah
Wizard

Quote:
Is this on the app or on the site because I don't see it.?
Website.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:22 PM   #295
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Website.
I don't have it.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:30 PM   #296
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
I don't have it.
Thanks, I found it. It's under "My subscription" --I uploaded my bear icon in my profile so that is what the button looks like on my upper right. If you didn't load an avatar, the button is probably a generic profile button or an arrow. Pull it down and look under the various options for your subscription details. But keep in mind I have a year subscription, not a trial offer so it may be different.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:51 PM   #297
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Thanks, I found it. It's under "My subscription" --I uploaded my bear icon in my profile so that is what the button looks like on my upper right. If you didn't load an avatar, the button is probably a generic profile button or an arrow. Pull it down and look under the various options for your subscription details. But keep in mind I have a year subscription, not a trial offer so it may be different.
This all I get when I click on my AV.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	scribd.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	124600  
Old 06-24-2014, 06:54 PM   #298
Atunah
Wizard

Hmm, I don't have anything that says my Subscription. I have "free subscription" in the drop down menu, right below account and before help.

But only on the website, I don't have that option on my app.

Maybe once my subcription is not free anymore it will say my subscription.

But that is where those options are to earn weeks.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:00 PM   #299
Atunah
Wizard

Oh this is difficult to do on a laptop.

This is what mine looks like.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WYyiH4B.png
Views:	225
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	124601  
Old 06-24-2014, 07:10 PM   #300
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Blossom, I think you're missing the button -- keep checking. Maybe it will appear. I have no idea if it helps to fill out profile information. I know I always type in some basic stuff, and the only other thing that I know is different is that I have a sub.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote