Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-18-2018, 01:59 PM   #1
Apollinare
Apollinare began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket book touch lux 3
Restore books on Pocket book touch lux 3

I own a Pocket Book Touch lux 3 (626)
I have many books on my SD card and when reading i am doing a lot of highlights.
Sometime i go back rereading a book and editing my highlights.
I restore to factory yesterday because the highlight process was getting very sluggish.
Before doing restore i backed up the folder “system” from the root directory.
When restarting the unit I restored on the root directory the “system” folder.
All my book are still available but all highlights disappeared. I am not able to get my old highlights back. What i should do?
On the SD card i was also periodically backing up. Maintenance/backup and recovery.
If go to restore configuration, pick last backup, I CANNOT RESTORE.
On PC i unpacked the file backup_141218.tgz into .zip file, but I do not to do with the content.
I also looked at the folder “active content”, and i have there only the highlights for every book in .html.
In conclusion I can i restore back all my books with all higlits.
There is a way to read the backup_141218.zip , into an externar reader on a PC? pockedt book reader, coolreader or other?
Thanks if somebody can help me.
G.Ruffini
Apollinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:16 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please use the forums correctly - you're much more likely to get a helpful response if you post in the right place. I've moved your post to the Pocketbook forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2018, 08:15 AM   #3
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Maybe you can extract books.db from your backup, and get the highlights from that.

No idea if it works to put them into your current books.db, but at least you would have a working copy of them.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:33 PM   #4
Apollinare
Apollinare began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket book touch lux 3
Thank you.
Apollinare is offline   Reply With Quote