Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-04-2018, 04:37 PM   #1
WeeSkerreX
WeeSkerreX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Kindle 4 stuck in tree screen

Looking in the menus of my Kindle 4 i formatted my kindle and next to that it got stuck in this screen:

Click image for larger version

Name:	jmsoB38.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	168155

I tried to do everything but it still like that

Thats the files inside the Kindle:

Click image for larger version

Name:	60Freaa.png
Views:	317
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	168156

Last edited by issybird; 12-04-2018 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Oversize images thumbnailed.
WeeSkerreX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:13 AM   #2
WeeSkerreX

up pls help
Advert
Old 01-01-2019, 08:20 AM   #3
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Am I correct that you called Customer Service? What did they tell you?
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 08:26 AM   #4
WeeSkerreX

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Am I correct that you called Customer Service? What did they tell you?
They told me that this is because of programs like calibre
Old 01-01-2019, 08:53 AM   #5
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeSkerreX View Post
They told me that this is because of programs like calibre
I'm by no means a Calibre expert, but I've never heard of it causing these sort of issues. Did CS elaborate upon this statement?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2019, 09:35 AM   #6
WeeSkerreX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I'm by no means a Calibre expert, but I've never heard of it causing these sort of issues. Did CS elaborate upon this statement?
They said me to restart the kindle and plig it fast to a pc and wait 4h but it doesnt works

The strange thing is i bought a broken K4 to change the motherboard and yesterday i had the same problem, see:

https://imgur.com/jTG8KQK
Old 01-01-2019, 07:22 PM   #7
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try plugging it into the MAINS not into a computer and leave it for at least 24 hours charging. You can either use a kindle charger or a mains usb charger. Often charging from the computer doesn't give the kindle a full charge and can even drain it.

Do this first.
Then try a restart.
You may have to charge for as long as 48 hours (from a mains socket.)
Old 01-02-2019, 10:48 AM   #8
WeeSkerreX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Try plugging it into the MAINS not into a computer and leave it for at least 24 hours charging. You can either use a kindle charger or a mains usb charger. Often charging from the computer doesn't give the kindle a full charge and can even drain it.

Do this first.
Then try a restart.
You may have to charge for as long as 48 hours (from a mains socket.)
i went to try and when i plugged the kindle it turned on and it started in the tekilla system diags

https://imgur.com/CQn2FIG
Old 01-02-2019, 01:55 PM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@WeeSkerreX: Check out the JailBreak instruction for the K4, they include directions for dealing with the K4 diags, as that's how the K4 JB operates.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-03-2019 at 11:37 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 04:52 AM   #10
BookCat
C L J

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@WeeSkerreX: Chezck out the JailBreak instruction for the K4, they include directions for dealing with the K4 diags, as that's how the K4 JB operates.
Is the OP's kindle Jailbroken? I hadn't realised that. A long mains charge is always a good idea anyway.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:42 AM   #11
WeeSkerreX

Quote:
@WeeSkerreX: Chezck out the JailBreak instruction for the K4, they include directions for dealing with the K4 diags, as that's how the K4 JB operates.
I did the steps and when it restarts it keeps in the same screen
Old 01-03-2019, 11:40 AM   #12
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@WeeSkerreX: Hmm, IIRC, the K4 diags may be finicky.

Try actually following the JB procedure in its entirety (as the package itself includes stuff to deal with those quirks)? Plus, you'll get a free JB in the process ;p.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:12 PM   #13
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
@WeeSkerreX: Hmm, IIRC, the K4 diags may be finicky.

Try actually following the JB procedure in its entirety (as the package itself includes stuff to deal with those quirks)? Plus, you'll get a free JB in the process ;p.
Are you sure that you're not plugged in to a computer? I think that if you have the rescue pack installed, it will go into diags if it is turned on while plugged into a computer.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 04:34 PM   #14
NiLuJe
BLAM!

RP/CRP shenanigans are not applicable on a K4 .

(... because there's no RP/CRP there ).
Old 01-03-2019, 09:57 PM   #15
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
RP/CRP shenanigans are not applicable on a K4 .

(... because there's no RP/CRP there ).
Ah...my mistake. Sorry!

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote