Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 10-03-2018, 01:52 PM   #1
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
RBdigital

I got an email from one of my libraries to say that it's switching away from the audiobook component of Hoopla to RBdigital. I have mixed feelings about this; on the one hand I've still got access to Hoopla through another library (with much fewer borrows), but on the other I like Hoopla's midlist/backlist/classic audiobooks and the email sounds as if RBdigital's offerings are a lot more current/popular. They mention Evanovitch, Koontz and Gabaldon, none of whom interests me.

Can anyone who has access to or uses both compare the audiobook libraries? Just in general terms, of course.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:41 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
All of my libraries have dropped Hoopla audiobooks and two of them now use RBdigital. I don't think I've tried it yet.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2018, 05:25 PM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
All of my libraries have dropped Hoopla audiobooks and two of them now use RBdigital. I don't think I've tried it yet.
I've taken a look and I'm not impressed. Fingers crossed FLP doesn't drop Hoopla; it's my go-to source for P.G. Wodehouse audiobooks. And no waiting means that I can listen as the mood strikes me.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:42 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, HDX 8.9, AuraHD, NookHD+, Kindle 2,3,T, Opus, iPhone 6, +
RB Digital (RB is short for Recorded Books) is like OverDrive when it comes to content. It depends on what the library buys.

RB Digital's audiobook availabilty is made up of "over 35,000 titles published by Recorded Books, as well as tens of thousands of premium audiobooks from other major publishers".
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:46 PM   #5
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650
My library only has one RB title in which I'm particularly interested (Jane and the Waterloo Map).
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2019, 04:13 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2; Kobo Aura One; iPad Pro 9.7
I'm curious, issybird. How have you liked the RBdigital app for audiobooks?

I find the app is slow and sometimes freezes. The app interface was so much better when it was OneClickdigital. I stopped borrowing from their audio catalog when they switched names to RBdigital.

Also interesting is that many libraries use RBdigital for magazines. One of my libraries just abandoned RBdigital and switched to Flipster.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote