Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-07-2018, 04:17 AM   #16
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
Plugin Update: Added a new dialog option that allows the user to select numbered headings only. Examples: 1, 10, 16 or ONE, TWO, TWENTY-THREE or I, XI, XXIII. The numbering is styled using the Numeric String, Number as Text or Roman Numeral options. (v0.1.4)

Last edited by slowsmile; 07-07-2018 at 04:39 AM.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 03:17 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I'd like to request that the headings be extended to allow 1, 2 and 3. My usual practice when I'm editing is that h1 is for books (multiple books in one file), h2 is for part headings where a book is broken into multiple parts and h3 is chapter headings.

Code:
h1  Crown of Slaves
   h2  Part One
      h3  Chapter One ...
   h2  Part Two
      h3  Chapter Eleven ...
h1  Torch of Freedom
   h2  Part One
      h3  Chapter One ...
   h2  Part Two
      h3  Chapter Twelve ...
h1  Cauldron of Ghosts
   h2  Part One
      h3  Chapter One ...
   h2  Part Two
      h3  Chapter Ten ...
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2018, 03:31 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'd like to request that the headings be extended to allow 1, 2 and 3. My usual practice when I'm editing is that h1 is for books (multiple books in one file), h2 is for part headings where a book is broken into multiple parts and h3 is chapter headings.

Code:
h1  Crown of Slaves
   h2  Part One
      h3  Chapter One ...
   h2  Part Two
      h3  Chapter Eleven ...
h1  Torch of Freedom
   h2  Part One
      h3  Chapter One ...
   h2  Part Two
      h3  Chapter Twelve ...
h1  Cauldron of Ghosts
   h2  Part One
      h3  Chapter One ...
   h2  Part Two
      h3  Chapter Ten ...
Yup. I use just H3 for most books without 'Parts'

I only put the book title up a level if there are more than 1 book in the anthology. (and I stay consistent: if any book has a 'part' ,then the title is always H1, even tho there is no H2 for that title)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:57 PM   #19
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@theducks...Your suggested addition of h3 as an extra heading option shouldn't be a problem. A new version of the plugin, with the h3 option, should be released either today or tomorrow.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:27 PM   #20
slowsmile
Witchman

duplicate
Advert
Old 07-07-2018, 08:46 PM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsmile View Post
@theducks...Your suggested addition of h3 as an extra heading option shouldn't be a problem. A new version of the plugin, with the h3 option, should be released either today or tomorrow.
Hey
It was DNSB's request
(But I will take credit if it is needful )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:03 PM   #22
slowsmile
Witchman

My apologies to you and DNSB!!
Old 07-07-2018, 10:45 PM   #23
slowsmile
Witchman

Plugin Update: The plugin user will now be able to select h1, h2 or h3 heading styles from both dialogs.

Last edited by slowsmile; 07-08-2018 at 05:05 AM.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:33 AM   #24
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
My apologies to you and DNSB!!
No problem with who gets credit for the request. Thanks for the quick work on the update!
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:55 AM   #25
slowsmile
Witchman

I was a thinking of putting in another plugin feature that would allow the user to individually add/replace/reformat individual headings by selecting a single heading file like Introduction, Preface, About the Author etc. This feature would be restricted to only doing the following in the plugin dialogs:

* Add/change the heading text template of the heading in the selected file

* Remove/change the heading style of the heading in the selected file.

* Add classes to the heading in the selected file

* Hide the heading of a single selected file(useful for tagging heading images)

Does anyone think this is useful? Anyone want these features in the plugin?

Last edited by slowsmile; 07-08-2018 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:27 AM   #26
bravosx
Connoisseur
bravosx began at the beginning.

Device: Prestigio PER3464B, Onyx Lynx, Lenovo S5000 i Tab4-8"
Quote:
Does anyone think this is useful? Anyone want these features in the plugin?
I apologize for my poor knowledge of English.

Yes, such a plug makes sense to me. Sometimes there is a need to make changes only in a single selected file. I'm with you:

Thank you for the existing plugins, I use many of them, and the ReworkChapterHeads plugin allowed me to modify it so that the names of the chapters with number as text would be written in Polish (eg chapter one as the first chapter, etc. up to fifteen). The plugin is great

I greet and give my regards for the work I have done
bravosx
bravosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:21 PM   #27
slowsmile
Witchman

@bravosx...Thank you for your kind comments on the proposed update. I probably will do it. The trick is to add this update without complicating or compromising plugin usage too much. And the truth is that I've already added the single file selection feature to the plugin and its looking good but, since its such a big change, I'll have to give it some thorough testing just to make sure.

Last edited by slowsmile; 07-08-2018 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:10 AM   #28
slowsmile
Witchman

Plugin Update: Plugin functionaity has been extended in v0.1.6 with the following added features:

* Users can now use the plugin to modify a single selected file heading.

* The heading styles available have been increased to h1 to h6 to help accommodate the change.

* Added various cosmetic/notification enhancements to the dialogs to aid ease of use.

When the user selects a single file, the plugin will be restricted to using only the following dialog options:

* Remove/Add heading style
* Change heading name
* Add classes
* Hide heading

Plugin users should now be able to use single file selection to edit and modify the main heading in any selected epub xhtml file. And if you are updating your plugin be sure to have a look at the thumbnail images on the download page because the dialogs have also been changed somewhat to accommodate these changes.

Last edited by slowsmile; 07-24-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:57 AM   #29
bravosx
Connoisseur
bravosx began at the beginning.

Device: Prestigio PER3464B, Onyx Lynx, Lenovo S5000 i Tab4-8"
Quote:
Plugin Update: Plugin functionaity has been extended in v0.1.6
Thank you once again, the plug is great.

Best regards, bravosx
bravosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:45 AM   #30
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (Key3, PW2, PW3), Nook (ST, GLP), Kobo Touch, Tolino Vision 2
Two suggestions:

1. Save heading name template to prefs
File: dialog.py

Is:
Code:
        prefs['add_chapter_template'] = 'Chapter'
Change to:
Code:
        if options.SINGLE_FILE_SELECTED == False:
            if options.SUFFIX_CHOICE == '':
                prefs['add_chapter_template'] = 'Chapter'
            else:
                prefs['add_chapter_template'] = options.SUFFIX_CHOICE
2. Ignore template if "Use numbered headings only" is enabled
(Perhaps I do not understand this option, but if ... numbered ... only – ignoring is a good idea.)
File: cutils.py (approx. 250 line, before the first use of SUFFIX_CHOICE).

Code:
                if options.NUM_HEADINGS_CHOICE  == 'Yes':
                    options.SUFFIX_CHOICE = ''
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote