Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > IMP Books

Notices

Old 02-23-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Thumbs up Ludowissy, P.: REBTestDocument. v1 23 Feb 2008

Testing the EBW1150/REB1200 capabilities

EDIT: In this old thread from 2006 I found a EBW1150 attachment created a long time ago that showed all the fonts and characters available as a small Quick reference: EBWQuickRef.imp by P. Ludowissy. Well it turns out MobileRead member allovertheglobe is the author of all the reference .imp's in this post. Kudos to allovertheglobe for a truly valuable and inspirational exploration of everything .imp!

From the intro...
Quote:
This file tests most HTML tags and some XHTML and CSS features as well. It's not intended to be a complete guide, though it may serve as a basis for such a document if someone feels inclined to write it.

There are a number of non-standard behaviours, which may be due to SBpublisher's interpretation as much as quirks in the actual REB1200 firmware. Updated firmware, as well as new tools to turn (X)HTML into REB's native .imp format may change that. This document might also help tracking those changes.

The original 'testbed' for this document was a REB1200 firmware 2.0, with files hand-written in VIm and generated by SBpublisher 1.5 via html2sb.exe.
This 'testbed' (REBTestDocSrc.zip) was created by 'allovertheglobe' specifically for the REB 1200 and was posted to the REB1200 Yahoo group in 2002. By reading the source .html, it can provide a wealth of information; relevant even today. A REB1200 Quick Reference (REBQuickRef_1200.imp) was included, without direct source, but since then a EBW1150 Quick Reference (EBWQuickRef.imp) has been located as well as the QuickRef source.

This version (REBTestDocument.imp) was generated for the EBW 1150 by eBook Publisher v.2.2.5 (a successors to SBPublisher 1.5), despite not specially written for the ebookwise 1150. The filename ending in '_x-small.imp' is for the EBW 1150 using the smaller (old default) font size. Please note that the filename ending in '_1200.imp' is for the REB 1200.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: imp REBTestDocument.imp (220.3 KB, 2892 views)
File Type: imp REBTestDocument_x-small.imp (225.3 KB, 2647 views)
File Type: imp REBTestDocument_1200.imp (1.04 MB, 2964 views)
File Type: zip REBTestDocSrc.zip (896.8 KB, 2642 views)
File Type: imp REBQuickRef_1200.imp (95.3 KB, 2135 views)
File Type: imp EBWQuickRef.imp (21.0 KB, 2366 views)
File Type: zip REBQuickRef.zip (2.9 KB, 1955 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 03-13-2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: found EBWQuickRef.imp previously posted by MR member 'allovertheglobe'
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Testing the EBW1150/REB1200 capabilities

From the intro...

This 'testbed' (REBTestDocSrc.zip) was created by 'Ludo' specifically for the REB 1200 and was posted to the REB1200 Yahoo group in 2002. By reading the source .html, it can provide a wealth of information; relevant even today. Only a REB1200 Quick Reference (REBQuickRef_1200.imp) was included, without direct source.

This version (REBTestDocument.imp) was generated for the EBW 1150 by eBook Publisher v.2.2.5 (a successors to SBPublisher 1.5), despite not specially written for the ebookwise 1150. The filename ending in '_x-small.imp' is for the EBW 1150 using the smaller (old default) font size. Please note that the filename ending in '_1200.imp' is for the REB 1200.
If you look on the very last page of the IMP posts you will find several manuals outlining what is support on the 1150 that I put together some time ago. I will take a look at yours and see what I find that is different. I have posted CSS 1.01, GEB documents, publisher 2 document and other information on the eb-1150

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
If you look on the very last page of the IMP posts you will find several manuals outlining what is support on the 1150 that I put together some time ago. I will take a look at yours and see what I find that is different. I have posted CSS 1.01, GEB documents, publisher 2 document and other information on the eb-1150

Dale
I saw those first .imp offerings in this forum and added them to my "collection". However, you'll notice the above testbed is a great "what works and what doesn't" type of offering, not necessarily a reference manual.

I have been tinkering with CSS styles and such since I first got my REB 1200. At first most of the stuff I "collected" had to do with color. Now I "collect" CSS samples to make the most of ebook creations.

The attached samples are but a few .IMPs that show(-off) the capabilities of the REB 1200/EBW 1150 readers. The filename ending in '_1200.imp' is for the REB 1200; the other '.imp' for the EBW 1150.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: imp 16 Web Safe Colors.imp (7.5 KB, 2530 views)
File Type: imp 16 Web Safe Colors_1200.imp (7.3 KB, 2093 views)
File Type: imp HTML_basic_colors.imp (6.3 KB, 2111 views)
File Type: imp HTML_basic_colors_1200.imp (6.2 KB, 2133 views)
File Type: imp Using CSS.imp (21.1 KB, 2130 views)
Old 03-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #4
nrapallo

Author located for these wonderful Reference Testbeds!

In this old thread from 2006 I found a EBW1150 attachment created a long time ago that showed all the fonts and characters available as a small Quick reference: EBWQuickRef.imp by P. Ludowissy.

Well it turns out MobileRead member allovertheglobe is the author of all the reference .imp's in this post.

Kudos to allovertheglobe for a truly valuable and inspirational exploration of everything .imp!

A bit of karma coming your way, Sir....

Last edited by nrapallo; 03-13-2009 at 09:39 PM.