Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-16-2019, 10:36 AM   #16
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Marie Weiss View Post
I opened your image - thanks for that.

Yes, I can view those symbols now and I have been removing the unnecessary line breaks, one by one. Finished doing that in the 150 page document.

However, when I remove the page breaks, the spacing is not correct. It looks as if the text needs a half line inserted to maintain the standard spacing in text throughout the document.

I haven't figured out yet what adjustment to make when I delete the page breaks.
You either:
  • If a paragraph or line is broken, replace the section break and concomitant detritus with a space, to rejoin the sentence/paragraph, or,
  • If you have a new paragraph that starts at the top of the new page, just delete everything from the end of the closing paragraph on the first page, and the new paragraph at the top of the 2nd page, OTHER THAN the pilcrow code at the end of the paragraph at the bottom of the first page.

Switching your view to DRAFT might make it less confusing for you. When the paragraphs look like all the other paragraphs in the document, you've done it right.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote