Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-10-2019, 03:27 AM   #121
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
@NiLuJe : is it normal there are only png and icons/ inside the zip in the op ?
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:11 AM   #122
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
@NiLuJe : is it normal there are only png and icons/ inside the zip in the op ?
There are two directories (.adds and .kobo) inside the zip file with filenames starting with a '.' which makes them hidden directories under a Unix style file system (Linux, Mac OSX).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:02 PM   #123
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Indeed .

Code:
Archive:  /home/niluje/Downloads/KFMon-v1.2.11.zip
  Length      Date    Time    Name
---------  ---------- -----   ----
        0  01-09-2019 23:06   .kobo/
   459112  01-09-2019 23:06   .kobo/KoboRoot.tgz
        0  01-09-2019 23:06   .adds/
        0  01-09-2019 23:06   .adds/kfmon/
        0  01-09-2019 23:06   .adds/kfmon/config/
      692  07-19-2018 19:06   .adds/kfmon/config/kfmon.ini
     1096  06-16-2018 00:14   .adds/kfmon/config/kfmon-log.ini
     1744  12-28-2018 00:13   .adds/kfmon/config/koreader.ini
     1324  12-27-2018 22:49   .adds/kfmon/config/plato.ini
        0  01-09-2019 23:06   .adds/kfmon/bin/
     2625  09-19-2018 18:09   .adds/kfmon/bin/kfmon-printlog.sh
    71676  11-09-2018 20:05   koreader.png
        0  01-09-2019 23:06   icons/
    31136  01-03-2018 18:24   icons/plato.png
   116232  06-15-2018 23:45   kfmon.png
---------                     -------
   685637                     15 files
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:06 AM   #124
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
I don't even know why I didn't check that

Any advice to update from an older version ?
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:58 AM   #125
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@cramoisi: You can just install the newest version on top of it .

If you tweaked one of the default configs, you'll have to re-implement your changes (ideally before the first eject/unplug, to save you a reboot ^^), but that's it .
Old 01-12-2019, 03:46 PM   #126
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
@NiLuJe: is there a technical reason that the png files are not all in /mnt/onboard or all in /mnt/onboard/icons? No problem, but it looks inconsistent. Thank you.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:59 PM   #127
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@hfpop: To match fmon's config scheme for Plato, which puts its icon in a subdirectory .

I have all my actual content in subdirectories based on author names, so I wasn't bothered by just dumping a few PNGs at the root instead of in a subdirectory for my own configs.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:16 AM   #128
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.2.12.

A very minor release, just to pickup the latest FBInk version .

EDIT: Bumped to v1.2.13 to pickup the latest FBInk hotfix (cosmetic tweak to fontsize on the Glo HD & Clara HD) .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-02-2019 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:11 PM   #129
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.2.14.

A small maintenance release, with an update to SQLite & FBInk.
It should deal with fb state changes better, especially if they're unexpected (i.e., rotation on a *patched* firmware, or state changes by third-party software, like Plato's rotations, or KOReader's bitdepth switch).
Old 02-27-2019, 11:42 PM   #130
enigma90
enigma90 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
After upgrading to v1.2.14, KFMon does not trigger Koreader on my Glo HD. I uninstalled KFMon and then reinstalled, it still does not work. Where to download v.1.2.13? Thanks.
Firmware version is 3.19.5761, by the way.

Last edited by enigma90; 02-27-2019 at 11:45 PM.
enigma90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 05:34 AM   #131
NiLuJe
BLAM!

That's interesting... Have you tried rebooting your device entirely?

Do you have shell access? Having a look at the logs might be insightful .

I'm away right now, so I can't build another release until a few days, but it might not be needed, as there is a genuine quirk related to the Kobo update process that means it may take an extra reboot for KFMon to actually start. Hence my "try a full reboot first" answer .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-28-2019 at 07:45 AM.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:57 AM   #132
enigma90
enigma90 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Reinstall for the last time and miraculously it works! thanks.
enigma90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:45 AM   #133
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yeah, that was probably the reboot quirk I was thinking about, I'll have to document that slightly more prominently .
Old 04-05-2019, 08:51 PM   #134
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.2.15.

A small maintenance release, with an update to SQLite & FBInk, plus very minor tweaks to the install & startup scripts.

Plus, there was a FW release, so, hey, good timing .
Old 04-28-2019, 12:02 PM   #135
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.2.16.

Interesting stuff this time, as this works around a new behavior in FW 4.13 that could cause a new (or updated) icon to be spuriously triggered automatically on Nickel startup.

Also, the KFMon icon will now also dump the full log to .adds/kfmon/log/kfmon_dump.log, to make it easier to get to it for people without shell access, making issues such as this one easier to debug .

Also includes to usual FBInk & SQLite updates .

FWIW, *all* of the 1.2.15.x packages I silently updated over the last few days included a fix for the FW 4.13 issue, in one form or another .

Tags
fmon, kfmon, kobo, launcher