Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-21-2018, 11:47 AM   #1
ricksavery
ricksavery began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Errors in Kindle Previewer

Hello
this is my first post and no doubt you will be staggered by my lack of knowledge.
I have a couple of epub books that I want to convert to mobi - mainly so I can read them on my paperwhite - and keep getting errors from Kindle Previewer.
They seem to be mainly linked to hyperlinks and stylesheets.
Is the answer simple or would it be useful to post the conversion log files on here?
Thank you for your help and please restrain any abuse at any stupidity of mine
ricksavery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 05:23 PM   #2
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksavery View Post
Hello
this is my first post and no doubt you will be staggered by my lack of knowledge.
I have a couple of epub books that I want to convert to mobi - mainly so I can read them on my paperwhite - and keep getting errors from Kindle Previewer.
They seem to be mainly linked to hyperlinks and stylesheets.
Is the answer simple or would it be useful to post the conversion log files on here?
Thank you for your help and please restrain any abuse at any stupidity of mine
To avoid the problem

rename the epubs to .txt extensions.

Attach it or them to an email sent to your paperwhite's magic Kindle address, something@kindle.com

Should be converted and appear as personal documents.

See thread if you want to know more
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...90#post3563590

Last edited by Little.Egret; 12-21-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 01:09 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksavery View Post
I have a couple of epub books that I want to convert to mobi - mainly so I can read them on my paperwhite
IMHO, it'd be much easier, if you converted your epub books to AZW3 books with calibre. (Kindle Previewer is primarily intended for self-publishers.)

You could also install the KFX Output plugin and convert your books to KFX books. (The plugin can fix some minor problems that causes Kindle Previewer to fail.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote