Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
Blue Ion
Blue Ion began at the beginning.

Device: none
Astak Pocket Pro spare battery

Hello,

I know this is the wrong forum, but considering Astak hasn't been selling ebooks for a long time and the Astak section of this forum is pretty much dead, I decided to ask for help here.

My Pocket Pro (the Hanlin V5 in disguise) battery has been working badly lately. Charge barely holds for a day with a couple of page turns, it takes a lot time to charge, and the battery indicator is most of the times off.

Is there anyplace where I can buy a spare battery for this device. I've contacted Astak with the support mail last week but I received no response.

Idealy, this battery from Grammata should be compatible, not only because it is based of a Hanlin V5 but because I live in Spain, and mail fees will remain fairly contained, but it contains two wires, while the Astak one contains three...

Is the third wire all that important?

I mean, if this means only losing the battery meter, then I guess its no big deal. However, if this can actually be dangerous (by overcharging the battery for example), then...

Considering eReaders are still on the expansive side, I would like to give this a try first.

Thanks to all
Blue Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I suggest you email Jinke and ask them. They make the unit.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote