Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-28-2007, 09:03 AM   #196
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Heh, that'd be quite a trick, considering that page 4 is a full scale graphic of the Reader's screen.

This does appear to be the same formatting guide we've seen before, in fact it seems to be the newer version Sony released in February, so I guess that O'Reilly is paying attention to keeping their files udated.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:12 AM   #197
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Hey! Does anyone know how to print the user manual on board the reader?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2007, 09:16 AM   #198
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It should also be on the CD that came with the Reader, yvanleterrible, printing it from there would be no problem, of course.

(Hey, I see you broke 1000 posts!)
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #199
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
It should also be on the CD that came with the Reader, yvanleterrible, printing it from there would be no problem, of course.

(Hey, I see you broke 1000 posts!)
Yeah! Unfortunately all that time shows in my wallet too!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:45 AM   #200
Britquestor
Britquestor began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ebook reader PRS-500
Dark Screen

I wonder if there is any way to lighten the screen background any? I'm as pleased as punch with my reader but for that one exception. The print is a a grey background which to me is not newsprint at all.

Any suggestions?
Britquestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #201
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
Better lighting.

The more light there is around you the whiter the screen looks.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:24 AM   #202
thebeaglebeagle
thebeaglebeagle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Personal Reader
Looks like it has already been posted below... but I echo the sentiment. Avoid PDFs. PDFs are an absolutely last resort for the Sony Reader. I convert everything to RTF.
thebeaglebeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:59 AM   #203
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Silly question that may have been answered. Is there a program out there that would allow me to convert PDF's to RTF without having to purchase Acrobat? If it's a simple link, please attach, thanks.
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:02 PM   #204
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
ABC Amber PDF Converter does that as does ABBYY Fine Reader and ABBYY Transform. There are a few others that have been mentioned but the three above have worked best for me. ABC Amber is at www.processtext.com
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote