Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
Nioba
Nioba began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Sony PRS-600 in the Netherlands

Hi guys, I would really appreciate your help.
I'm planning on getting a Sony PRS-600 this summer, but since this is my first e-reader ever, I would like to see it and feel it in my hand before buying it.

Of course, the product is not available in my country (no e-readers here, whatsoever) so I was hoping I could check it out this summer on my trip to Utrecht and Amsterdam.

My question is, basically, this: is this e-reader available in Sony shops in Netherlands? (For all the previous reasons, online shopping is not a possibility so I'm looking for a "yes, sure is!" answer here. )

Anywho, if any of you guys from .nl have this info, I would be most grateful! Tnx in advance!
Nioba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
Frank Damen
Frank Damen began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS600
Hello,

At this moment at the big bleu man (BOL) . (COM) is an offer of an SONY PRS600 with 10 titles. Bought it and received it today. Installed the Sony software and Calibre software, everything is working good. Total costs € 250,00.

Hope you can use this information.

Warm regards,

Frank
Frank Damen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I know that the Mediamarkt in Utrecht (in shopping centre Hoog Catharijne in the city centre) has various eReaders on display. I can't remember if they have any Sony's on display but since they sell Sony eReader I assume they have. However, I've noticed that Mediamarkt doesn't always keep their display electronics charged.

You could also try Dixons (Vredenburg), on the website they sell Sony. Or the bookstore Broese Selexyz (Stadhuisbrug), I don't know if they have Sony's but I know that at the back of the store next to the children's department they have a (closed) display with eReaders and you can ask a salesperson to give you information.

One last note: don't go to Video Steenweg, I don't know if they have any eReaders but it isn't a good store and their warranty service is really bad: we once bought a tv which died within the warranty period but because we didn't get the warranty card stamped every year (they never told us that you should do this) they wanted us to pay for the repair.

Have fun on your trip!

Bianca
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:52 AM   #4
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
If mediamarkt in nl is the same company as in de (and I think it is), they have the sony readers on display (in my case, most of the stores had them connected to a power supply). But they only have the sonys, no other brands except ipad as reader.

Hope this helps a little
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:46 AM   #5
ChineseGadgets
ChineseGadgets began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ 5
The PRS-600 is def available in Holland, but quite expensive at 250 euro.

If you change your mind about buying it online, I recommend getting it from AllPMP for $220.79 with shipping included. That's about 175 euro at the moment, so that will save you 75 euro.

Last edited by ChineseGadgets; 07-08-2010 at 07:48 AM.
ChineseGadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #6
mkhan
mkhan began at the beginning.

I am baffled by what is going on at Sony. There is pretty much no reason why the Reader ( PRS-600 ) which they are selling for 169 $ in US should be 249 Euros in Europe. I just got off the phone with the sales support from the Store in Paris. They confirmed that the price of PRS-600 is currently 249 Euros. That is just plain stupid.
mkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
Nioba
Nioba began at the beginning.

Thank your very much you guys, you've helped a lot!
Bianca, I'll definitely check out the stores you suggested!
Nioba is offline   Reply With Quote