Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 08:35 PM   #76
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
( Ok I'm sorry that was a little over the top snarky, but come on that can't be your ace in the hole. We've been reading with light for centuries. besides I have a nightlight to read with and actually reading an lcd screen in the dark causes, at least my eyes extreme eye strain. that is very hard to do for extended periods of time) You're were not designed for that type of strain
Ask my wife. She's very happy that I can read in the bed without having a light on. Ut iPad or iPhone in night mode and it's very comfortable on the eyes.

No kidding....I count not having to gave a light on as one of my favorite aspects od reading with my iPhone or iPad. It's far more relevant to me than reading outside in full sun.

I read out in my back yard all the time....but in the shade....I have no desire to sit in full sun much anyway.

The iPad also has color, is instantly responsive, and I can buy books from amazon, b&n, apple, borders, and just about anyone but Sony.

So yeah, I think lots of people will prefer the iPad over an eink reader.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #77
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
I love my Kindle 2 for reading regular novels, but I got an iPad for movies, web surfing, managing my tabletop rpg game, and comics. The iPad really shines as a consumer device. It's not a computer, but rather like an appliance. Still though for just sitting and reading a novel a dedicated eInk device is king. There's no distractions, and I can just lay in my hammock enjoying the weather, my drink and a good novel.
demoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert