Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-17-2010, 07:38 AM   #16
Fabe
Dylanologist
Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: none/all/any
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Lackey View Post
I don't know if you can do that in Acrobat Reader or only the expensive Acrobat--the expensive one is what I have.
Oh rub it in. :-)
Fabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #17
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
I have some books which I have converted to pub in calibre, have then imported the files into Itunes and they show in the books folder. However when I sync the Ipad they do not download to my bookshelf. I have downloaded pubs from smash words which have then loaded in my bookshelf with no problems.
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #18
Inspector S
Inspector S began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
My Sony Vaio comes with Acrobat Standard already loaded and this also allows you to convert to html. I find that the process works best if you export as html 3.2 and then use Calibre to convert to your favoured format.
Inspector S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:59 AM   #19
Pranananda
Connoisseur
Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad, iPod touch, JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianon View Post
I have some books which I have converted to pub in calibre, have then imported the files into Itunes and they show in the books folder. However when I sync the Ipad they do not download to my bookshelf. I have downloaded pubs from smash words which have then loaded in my bookshelf with no problems.

Sianon,

Here are the steps:
  • Use "Add to Library..." to select your epub file in iTunes
  • plug your iPad into your computer
  • click on the iPad under Devices on the left side of iTunes
  • Click on the Books Tab on the right side of iTunes
  • Make sure Sync Books is checked
  • Either select "All books", or use "Selected books", and check your ebook
  • Click the Sync button at the bottom of the Books tab.
Pranananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
PDF converting to ePub is OFF TOPIC!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #21
neous
neous began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranananda View Post
Sianon,

Here are the steps:
need to remember that when i get my ipad
neous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:51 AM   #22
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranananda View Post
Sianon,

Here are the steps:
Followed those steps. As I said works for epubs from smash words but not calibre
Old 05-04-2010, 09:06 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, it does work for ePub from Calibre. It's just that the cover did not show up. No idea what version of Calibre was used to convert to ePub.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:34 AM   #24
sianon
Addict

will download the latest vesrion and try with that. The version used was very recent, but there was nothing on Ibooks after syncing in relation to the books I attemtped to transfer.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:20 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Put the ePub in the iTunes library and then sync the library. That worked for me. Except for the fact the one Calibre generated ePub had no cover. But I can try to sort that out and figure out why.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #26
sianon
Addict

Thanks Jon, but the books are in my iTunes library. I can see them when I look in the book folder on iTunes. They are simply not syncing into the iBooks app on my iPad. I have installed the latest calibre version as well as updating to the latest version of iTunes. Will reconvert books and try again when I get home from work tonight.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:20 AM   #27
sianon
Addict

Ok that worked now.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #28
RobbieS
RobbieS began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
not sure if this will help, but you might try using adobe digital editions.
RobbieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I've had no problems with Calibre generated ePub other then one older converted ePub not showing the cover. But that's an easy fix.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #30
tyche
Addict
tyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with others

Device: PRS-505, iPad
I have over 100 epubs generated from Calibre and they all look excellent on iBooks and no problem dragging and dropping them in iTunes and syncing.

I didn't expect them to look as good as they do and I honestly can't say how they could be improved. There were created from various versions of Calibre from as far back as January up to the newest release.
tyche is offline   Reply With Quote