Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
parias1126
parias1126 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily Edition 900
kobobooks?

Can I purchase Kobo books and use Calibre to send them to my Kindle? I am almost sure I can, but trying to get a confirmation before spending the $$$!
parias1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
If you de-drm the secure ePub file, then yes
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
us024077
us024077 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Does KOBO have something Amazon doesn't? Why not just buy from Amazon?????
us024077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
Rob G.
Enthusiast
Rob G. doesn't litterRob G. doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
Because occasionally Kobo has some discounts that make it worth playing the strip the DRM game.
Rob G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
DRM sure creates problems...
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by parias1126 View Post
Can I purchase Kobo books and use Calibre to send them to my Kindle? I am almost sure I can, but trying to get a confirmation before spending the $$$!
As long as they don't come with DRM. If they do, they will not work on the Kindle unless DRM is removed.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Let me caution you. I purchased a couple of books from KOBO this weekend and one of them (same author) was completely blank in ADE. Although I've never experienced this in a several hundred downloads, stuff happens.

However.... two emails later and I still have not received any response - they have my money and I have no book. They do not offer a telephone number, only a help@xxxxx email address. I am not impressed with their customer service. I'm staying with Amazon where "live" people resolve problems immediately 24/7.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote