Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
physics@war
Connoisseur
physics@war began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy Breaking the screen with pressure?

Hi guys,

I just got the PRS 700 for more than a week, and today when I try to use it, I realize the screen is broken. Part of the screen is smeared and the texts are not displayed in that region.

The only reason I can think of is I hold on the leather cover of the reader to hard, that may have cause the damage on the screen.

Anyone experience such thing?
physics@war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
drew00149
Connoisseur
drew00149 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, iRex iLiad, HTC Kaiser
Is it necessary to spam this story everywhere?

It seems obvious if last time you used it it worked and now it's broken for no apparent reason, maybe something happened when it wasn't being used. For example don't drop it or put heavy objects on it.

Also try resetting it.
drew00149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2009, 10:51 PM   #3
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
well there is a touch screen
you would really have to use a whole lot of pressuse.

I think you sat on it. it takes a whole lot of pressure to break it/ cause after my GF broke my prs 500 I tested it with the side of the screen that wasn't broken. I had to use a pen, and press with enough force to punch mark a few sheets of paper below it too. flexing is easier.

hopefully you have the accidental protection, or your screwed
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
physics@war
Connoisseur

Sorry guys,

I am kind of frustrate so I try to get some advice and info from as many of you as possible.

And for sure I didn't sit on it or drop it.

Thanks
Old 04-23-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Maybe someone else sat on it or dropped it?
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2009, 11:22 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
Maybe someone else sat on it or dropped it?
Maybe it was a micro black hole... or a poltergeist. I'm just sayin'.

Dude... bummer.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:25 PM   #7
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
it dont matter how it broke. it matters if you have accidental protection, because the damage IS your fault.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:45 PM   #8
Pangolyn
Enthusiast
Pangolyn began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
Did you buy it through SonyStyle? They were awesome and exchanged my "I admit I broke it" PRS-700 for for $29! I didn't get any sort of warranty or protection.
Pangolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:16 AM   #9
physics@war
Connoisseur

Oh gosh, SonyStyle is great.

I got full refunded. They did not asked me anything. Before I returned them, I call them couple times to make sure that if I need to pay for the damage, but it seems like they has not or will not charge me the damage since I got the credit back already.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:22 AM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics@war View Post
Oh gosh, SonyStyle is great.

I got full refunded. They did not asked me anything. Before I returned them, I call them couple times to make sure that if I need to pay for the damage, but it seems like they has not or will not charge me the damage since I got the credit back already.
So glad to hear it!!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:34 AM   #11
Pangolyn
Enthusiast
Pangolyn began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
fantastic! Are you going to get something else?
Pangolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:34 AM   #12
physics@war
Connoisseur

Yeah I have ordered the iRex DR1000S, but since iRex have the new shipping until the reader is updated. Haha I can't wait to receive it next week.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #13
Schauberger
Biotechnologist
Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st Gen Kindle; Sony PRS-T1
My baby sister stepped on my other sister's kindle 1, & it was inside the book case when it happened. Now the screen is just one big SMUDGE.
Schauberger is offline   Reply With Quote