Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
molochei
molochei began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
PRS-505 Is Highligting possible.

Hello guys, I was woundering if any one was able to hack a highliting feature to this device.

I am curently in possesion of PRS-700, I like this unit much more then Kindle2 (the screen on that one even more greyish then kindle1) I do not have the problem with the screen of PRS-700 that most people complain about. But the screen on PRS-505 is much better. The only reason why I need PRS-700 is because of the annotations.

Please help...
molochei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Sorry, but I have nothing to offer here. I don't know if it can be done at all.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I don't think so, sorry.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
There are some people who are working on simple firmware hacks in the Developer Corner
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141
I don't think they've tackled something that complex yet, but in the meantime the bookmark feature might be of some use.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
sigma8
Zealot
sigma8 doesn't littersigma8 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Without any extreme hackery (that I don't think exists yet), you can't do any kind of highlighting or annotating on a 505. Even if you could, I think the limited number of buttons would make it extremely onerous.
sigma8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
you could always highlight the e-ink screen lol
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
sigma8
Zealot
sigma8 doesn't littersigma8 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by el.astrologo View Post
dry erase!! You certainly wouldn't want permanent
sigma8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by el.astrologo View Post
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote