Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
Ivan
Connoisseur
Ivan began at the beginning.

Supported ??G SD card?

I am wondering what is the maz capacity of SD card will be supported? I cannot find the spec.
Thanks. IC
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
windspeedo
Enthusiast
windspeedo began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000, Kindle 3G, Kobo Glo
The official specification is 1G. But 16G is also OK.
windspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by windspeedo View Post
The official specification is 1G. But 16G is also OK.
You're thinking of the iLiad, which only "officially" supports up to 1G SD cards.

The DR1000 will support any compliant SD card. However, SDHC cards are not officially supported. People have reported some success using SDHC cards, the only known issue is that the DR is unable to format them.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
I use a transcend 16gb sdhc without problems, I think 32gb is the limit
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:09 AM   #5
windspeedo
Enthusiast
windspeedo began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000, Kindle 3G, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
You're thinking of the iLiad, which only "officially" supports up to 1G SD cards.

The DR1000 will support any compliant SD card. However, SDHC cards are not officially supported. People have reported some success using SDHC cards, the only known issue is that the DR is unable to format them.
Then my experience is success with SDHC 16GB Class 6 Apacer.
iRex could only format it with 1 G capacity. So I use computer to format the card.
windspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 08:32 AM   #6
hanche
Enthusiast
hanche began at the beginning.

Device: iRex reader 1000S
The card that comes with the reader has a FAT16 filesystem on it. As far as I know, FAT16 is limited to 2 GB. If you have had success with a 16 GB card, does that mean the reader can also handle FAT32 filesystems?
hanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:49 PM   #7
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Yes, indeed. You can read/write/delete files. The only restriction is that the card cannot be formatted using the DR1000, you need to have access to a "real" computer for that (Mac, Windows, Linux... )
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #8
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanche View Post
The card that comes with the reader has a FAT16 filesystem on it. As far as I know, FAT16 is limited to 2 GB. If you have had success with a 16 GB card, does that mean the reader can also handle FAT32 filesystems?
Yes, I believe it supports FAT32.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:24 AM   #9
hanche
Enthusiast
hanche began at the beginning.

Device: iRex reader 1000S
Success with 16 GB card

Based on advice received here, I bought a 16 GB Sandisk Ultra II. It appears to work fine. I didn't even have to format it, just popped it in and it worked. In detail: I removed the old card, started the reader, popped the new card in, connected to the computer, and transferred the contents from a copy I had made of everything the old card.

I have only used it for a few minutes, so there maybe gotchas that haven't bitten me yet. I'll be sure to follow up here if they do.
hanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:07 PM   #10
Jürgen Hubert
Enthusiast
Jürgen Hubert will become famous soon enoughJürgen Hubert will become famous soon enoughJürgen Hubert will become famous soon enoughJürgen Hubert will become famous soon enoughJürgen Hubert will become famous soon enoughJürgen Hubert will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex 1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
I use a transcend 16gb sdhc without problems, I think 32gb is the limit
My Transcend 16GB broke down after only 17 days of use, taking all my scribblings with it. I can't even format it again.
Jürgen Hubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:16 PM   #11
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
32GB Class6 works OK for month now.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:54 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanche View Post
Based on advice received here, I bought a 16 GB Sandisk Ultra II. It appears to work fine. I didn't even have to format it, just popped it in and it worked. In detail: I removed the old card, started the reader, popped the new card in, connected to the computer, and transferred the contents from a copy I had made of everything the old card.

I have only used it for a few minutes, so there maybe gotchas that haven't bitten me yet. I'll be sure to follow up here if they do.
I would always recommend reformatting a new SD card. Very often, the "factory format" doesn't seem to be very good; I've had a number of cards "go bad" with the factory format, but never had a problem after reformatting them myself on my PC.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:17 AM   #13
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I would always recommend reformatting a new SD card. Very often, the "factory format" doesn't seem to be very good; I've had a number of cards "go bad" with the factory format, but never had a problem after reformatting them myself on my PC.

You are so unlucky, I would say. I have used several CF, SD, microSD (all are Kingston or Transcend) on different handheld devices, without formatting them. I just took them out of the package and inserted them into the socket, and my devices will recognise and use them without any problem.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote