Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-24-2016, 08:13 AM   #1
Samtully
Banned
Samtully knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Samtully knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Samtully knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Samtully knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Samtully knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Samtully knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Samtully knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Samtully knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Samtully knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Samtully knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Samtully knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: kindle
Do you write a journal/diary?

I started writing my diary when I was 13 years just out of curiosity because I have seen that in many daily TV shows people writing diaries, and I Used to write it on a daily basis till my college, but have stopped it after joining work..
I still have that diary but whenever i read that diary I remember things that I did were so silly, they are cute.. So have you ever.
Samtully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:35 AM   #2
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Never write anything that you would not want read aloud in court one day. So write as though you are making a public record.

I use scrapbooking as a journaling method, which is actually pretty common.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2016, 10:52 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Writing time reduces reading time, so ... no.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:57 AM   #4
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
My journal or diary is only for me to stay healthy and fit. I log everything I eat, and all my medications and exercise. I also log my thoughts and feelings about my health and exercises. By doing this I have lost over 70 pounds and so far I am keeping it off.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:25 PM   #5
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
By doing this I have lost over 70 pounds and so far I am keeping it off.
That's a fantastic achievement. Congratulations!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2016, 08:38 PM   #6
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Yes. After several false starts I've kept journals since January of 2000. I track health issues, home maintenance, expenses, etc. But also the kids' activities (they're out of the house, now, and it's fun to look back at school experiences, etc.), weather, unusual occurrences, etc.

Lots of "et ceteras."
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:06 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
No, it'd be boring fast: I got up this morning, went to work, went back home, watched some TV, played some PC game, read some book and went to sleep.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:49 AM   #8
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I did as a teen/young adult (I'm almost 50 now).
I was inspired by other "diarists" (like the one in "Go Ask Alice" - of course which I later found was not a real diary but more of a made up compilation).

The "Emily of New Moon" series by L.M. Montgomery, the title character was always writing, and journaling, and recording thoughts. I always empathized with Emily (I didn't grow up with my parents) and found her to be a "kindred spirit", as she was always writing her thoughts where she WAS given a voice.

Last edited by spindlegirl; 10-25-2016 at 10:40 AM.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:18 AM   #9
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I've kept a diary for over 10 years, now, but it is a very dull list of the things I did that day, not unlike Sweetpea's example above.

Also I have trouble reading my own handwriting.

But apart from that, it's great.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:56 AM   #10
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Earlier this year my wife found her father's Diary that he kept during WWII. He had said that he was on a destroyer doing convoy duty in the North Atlantic during the war. Yes he did do that, but according to his diary, he was involved in almost every major Pacific naval battle. He was at Guadalcanal, Saipan Guam, Tinian, Peleliu, Okinawa and Iwo Jima. There were some others that I can not remember off the top of my head. His descriptions of shore bombardments, kamikaze attacks dead and wounded marines is incredible.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:38 AM   #11
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Earlier this year my wife found her father's Diary that he kept during WWII. He had said that he was on a destroyer doing convoy duty in the North Atlantic during the war. Yes he did do that, but according to his diary, he was involved in almost every major Pacific naval battle. He was at Guadalcanal, Saipan Guam, Tinian, Peleliu, Okinawa and Iwo Jima. There were some others that I can not remember off the top of my head. His descriptions of shore bombardments, kamikaze attacks dead and wounded marines is incredible.
Apache
Awesome ! What a treasure !

I've never had a diary, although if something dramatic happened to me, I would want to write it down day to day. Like what was happening at the time as events were unfolding.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:19 PM   #12
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
When I was working and had bad days of work conflicts, I found the combination of a diary and my laziness in recording entries very therapeutic.

On a bad day, after dealing with some workplace politics/dishonesty, rather than burden anyone else with my troubles, I'd do the non-constructive, continual rehashing in my mind. Then it was time for bed, and my laziness didn't want to rehash the whole trouble, so I just entered a pithy summary, like "BS from xx today wore me out," and that would be that, done and over.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:25 PM   #13
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Yes, I did start writing a daily diary around forty years ago when I was a teenager. I honestly (?) wrote my day to day experiences for a few months including all the mischiefs I did. But soon the spirit of wisdom came into my dream and suggested that all this material can prove me guilty of capital offences in the court of my parents some day, resulting in a near-death sentence. I stopped writing the diary for ever and destroyed the evidence.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:35 PM   #14
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
My sister did a reading diary. She started when she was 8 years old at the suggestion of a teacher. Lists title/author of book read and then a brief synopsis. She is now over 50. I think she has 15 of these diaries now.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 02:14 PM   #15
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
"Dear log..."

--Lisa Simpson
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote