Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-26-2014, 04:02 PM   #31
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
Thank you so much!
I am glad you like it (and hope it works for you).
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:24 PM   #32
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
Yes, I did. Thank you!
Hi Robert.

I can't to increase the font of dictionary. Can you send me your your .txt files? I have a auraHD with fw 3.1.1

you have been able to increase the header?

also the footer is bigger. Is possible a smaller size?

Can you send me your your .txt files? I have a auraHD with fw 3.1.1

surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2014, 01:02 AM   #33
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
surquizu, sorry I didn't see this message until just now!

I couldn't find a way to send a private message here with files (other than photos) attached, but here are the files you want (firmware 3.1.1 for Kobo Aura HD):

http://sfwriter.com/conf_nickel.txt

http://sfwriter.com/conf_libnickel.txt
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:06 PM   #34
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Robert. It works, but I see that it is not compatible with the other patches. The other patches are disabled
Old 03-05-2014, 03:53 AM   #35
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
Thanks Robert. It works, but I see that it is not compatible with the other patches. The other patches are disabled
The problem is that Metazoa's kpg.exe and my patchit.exe both modify the ORIGINAL libnickel.so.1.0.0. Therefore if you copy the KoboRoot.tgz that is produced by kpg.exe (and includes libnickel.so.1.0.0) to the device, only those patches included in the kpg configuration file are applied, and if you copy the KoboRoot.tgz that is produced by patchit.exe to the device, only those patches included in conf_libnickel.txt are applied. (You should however see the increased font in the menu entries, because they are produced by nickel, which is not at all changed by kpg.)

You can overcome this problem in different ways.
- replace libnickel.so.1.0.0 in the kpg folder by one that is already modified by patchit.exe
- replace libnickel.so.1.0.0 in 3.1.1_source by one that is already modified by kpg.exe
- add the patches you use from the kpg configuration file to 3.1.1_source\conf_libnickel.txt

I think the last alternative is the most convenient. For instance if you would like to use the "Search in Library by default" patch (from GeoffR's kpg.conf), add

Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Search in Library by default`
patch_enable = `yes`
replace_bytes = 9E7DBC, 7E F7 C0 E2, 00 46 00 46
replace_bytes = 9E7E08, 7E F7 9A E2, 00 46 00 46
</Patch>
to conf_libnickel.txt.
Advert
Old 03-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #36
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
The problem is that Metazoa's kpg.exe and my patchit.exe both modify the ORIGINAL libnickel.so.1.0.0. Therefore if you copy the KoboRoot.tgz that is produced by kpg.exe (and includes libnickel.so.1.0.0) to the device, only those patches included in the kpg configuration file are applied, and if you copy the KoboRoot.tgz that is produced by patchit.exe to the device, only those patches included in conf_libnickel.txt are applied. (You should however see the increased font in the menu entries, because they are produced by nickel, which is not at all changed by kpg.)

You can overcome this problem in different ways.
- replace libnickel.so.1.0.0 in the kpg folder by one that is already modified by patchit.exe
- replace libnickel.so.1.0.0 in 3.1.1_source by one that is already modified by kpg.exe
- add the patches you use from the kpg configuration file to 3.1.1_source\conf_libnickel.txt

I think the last alternative is the most convenient. For instance if you would like to use the "Search in Library by default" patch (from GeoffR's kpg.conf), add

Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Search in Library by default`
patch_enable = `yes`
replace_bytes = 9E7DBC, 7E F7 C0 E2, 00 46 00 46
replace_bytes = 9E7E08, 7E F7 9A E2, 00 46 00 46
</Patch>
to conf_libnickel.txt.
Perfect! Now all the patches work fine.

Thanks Thsering
Old 03-05-2014, 04:34 PM   #37
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
Perfect! Now all the patches work fine.
I am glad it worked for you.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:57 AM   #38
tshering
Wizard

GeoffR published a patch to fix tiny synopsis on Glo/Aura/AuraHD. You can include this patch by adding it to conf_libnickel.txt (see post #35 for details).
Old 04-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #39
tshering
Wizard

For FW 3.3.0 (8eb9c1f8b2). Don't use it with other FW versions.

Usage:
- double click on 3.3.0.bat
- copy the newly created KoboRoot.tgz, which you will find in the folder 3.3.0_target, to the .kobo folder on your device.

USE THIS PACKAGE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBPatcher07.zip (10.61 MB, 367 views)

Last edited by tshering; 04-25-2014 at 03:53 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:17 PM   #40
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: KA1, KLH2O, Oasis 3
Unfortunately I have this patch does not work on Kobo Aura HD. I tried on firmware 3.1.1 and 3.2.0
makara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #41
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by makara View Post
Unfortunately I have this patch does not work on Kobo Aura HD. I tried on firmware 3.1.1 and 3.2.0
works perfectly in aura HD

http://aurahd.webcindario.com/subweb...iccionario.htm
Old 05-30-2014, 07:49 PM   #42
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Did you edit the configuration files in accordance with the device and your needs? You can find some related discussion in this thread. RobertJSawyer was so kind and uploaded his configuration files for Aura Hd, FW 3.1.1. You might consider using them, or taking them as examples.

@surquizu Thank you for showing how the dictionary with increased font size looks on the Aura HD.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #43
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: KA1, KLH2O, Oasis 3
The patch works, but the text in the dictionary ugly and still not big enough. Other menu items have not changed. Firmware 3.2.0 Aura HD

Last edited by makara; 06-01-2014 at 11:18 AM.
makara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:11 PM   #44
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
The patch works, but the text in the dictionary ugly
Basically you can choose between Georgia, Avenir, and Gothic. You can find examples for Avenir and Gothic already in the configuration file. 'You can choose any other font too, but it has to be "activated" (by going to the font settings menu and select this font once, or be opening a kepub that has this font assigned to it).

Quote:
and still not big enough.
Just increase the font-size! for instance, instead of

Code:
newpart=* { font-family: Georgia ;font-size: 36px; line-height: 42px; } \n
try
Code:
newpart=* { font-family: Georgia ;font-size: 42px; line-height: 46px; } \n

Quote:
Other menu items have not changed. Firmware 3.2.0 Aura HD
Not all patches of this package affect the Aura HD, since the Aura HD does not always follow the same pattern as the other devices. However, all those patches that contain the expression "dragon," the code name of the Aura HD, should work. All that is needed is to edit the font size values for the dragon appropriately.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:41 AM   #45
surquizu
Evangelist

Hi tshering,

Patch for fw 3.5.0?

Thanks!