Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-16-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Brand New Nook Wifi $99 On Sale NOW at Best Buy website

Odd, I haven't seen any Black Friday deals posted here (hope they're allowed?). I thought other people would already be on it. Anyway, Best But will be selling the nook wifi for $99.99 on Black Friday in stores as a Doorbuster sale, and you may also be able to buy it online (if you're up early enough and get it fast enough before they sell out). I would post the link but I'm not sure if it's allowed. That's a fantastic deal.

Last edited by sun surfer; 11-25-2010 at 02:01 AM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Odd, I haven't seen any Black Friday deals posted here (hope they're allowed?). I thought other people would already be on it. Anyway, Best But will be selling the nook wifi for $99.99 on Black Friday in stores as a Doorbuster sale, and you may also be able to buy it online (if you're up early enough and get it fast enough before they sell out). I would post the link but I'm not sure if it's allowed. That's a fantastic deal.
This one is posted in the Nook sub-forum of this board. Anyway, it's a great deal. But with a minimum (code for maximum) of 10 per store, you have to be willing to be in line at Best Buy on Thanksgiving Day and wait until the store opens the next day. Not worth it to me. Others may think it is.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My bad tubemonkey! It is a great deal. As a doorbuster when you have to wait in line, maybe not so much. But I'm not sure if maybe they will have the deal online as well (albeit if so probably for a very short amount of time).

I just found it while looking around for Sony 950 deals, and I'm sad I missed out on the $100 off for a few hours the other day.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
FWIW, the refurb wifis are still available on Buy.com for 99, and the 3G for 119
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
My bad tubemonkey! It is a great deal. As a doorbuster when you have to wait in line, maybe not so much. But I'm not sure if maybe they will have the deal online as well (albeit if so probably for a very short amount of time).
Don't worry about it. It's no big deal. More exposure is always a good thing.

I gave up standing in BF lines years ago. I now do the bulk of my BF shopping online, with a trip to a few stores several hours after they open.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #6
Lsantiago7859
Enthusiast
Lsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Samsung 10.1 tablet, Nook HD+ and SONY PRS-T2
I saw this and, being a grandparent looking for Christmas, I would LOVE to get this, but have no intention of standing on a line. I'll get it if I can.
Any other grandparents trying to get a reader for XMAS?

Last edited by Lsantiago7859; 11-18-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Lsantiago7859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #7
Lsantiago7859
Enthusiast
Lsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Samsung 10.1 tablet, Nook HD+ and SONY PRS-T2
XMAS

I saw Buy.com. I will buy NOOK for $99.00 - this is for a teenager anyway .
Lsantiago7859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:45 PM   #8
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦

OK, so apparently according to an article I just read, you can order all Best Buy Black Friday deals online, so that should include the nook. Now, I don't know when the online sale will start and it could only be a matter of minutes until it's sold out, but it's apparently going to be possible to get a brand new nook for $99 online. Here's what the article said:

Best Buy (NYSE: BBY - News): The same products promoted in its Thanksgiving Ads -- including doorbusters -- will be available on BestBuy.com starting Thanksgiving Day. Best Buy is also offering free shipping on online orders through Dec. 21, excluding laptops, iPads, iPods and some major appliances.

Also, it's saying Amazon will match all Black Friday deals, so keep an eye out there too:

Amazon (NasdaqGS: AMZN - News): Here's another reason to avoid the Black Friday stampede: The online retailer is matching other retailer's doorbuster prices. Plus, it's offering free shipping.

A good possibility is that the online Best Buy deal will start sometime between like 3am and 5am Eastern time Black Friday, but I really don't know for sure.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:02 AM   #9
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦

Update.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:36 AM   #10
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I picked up a refurbed Nook 3G at overstock.com for $86 and change (after applying a $15 off $100 coupon). Since I still get a 1 year warranty on the unit, it's just as good as new to me.

You can't beat $86 for a Nook 3G when the wifi version is selling for $99 everywhere else.
megacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #11
Number_6
Enthusiast
Number_6 doesn't litterNumber_6 doesn't litter

Device: Barnes and Noble Nook Wi-fi, Ectaco jetBookLite, Nokia N810, Nokia 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsantiago7859 View Post
I saw this and, being a grandparent looking for Christmas, I would LOVE to get this, but have no intention of standing on a line. I'll get it if I can.
Any other grandparents trying to get a reader for XMAS?
My wife picked up two Nooks at Wal-Mart at about 2:00pm on Black Friday for the $99 Best Buy door buster price. No lines or hassles. She just had to wait for the Customer Service Manager to call Best Buy and confirm that the price on the Nook Wi-fi was good all day. I'm just glad all those fools who waited in line at Best Buy for hours to get a ticket for a Nook were not as smart as my wife. The Wal-Mart she went to had 4 Nook Wi-fi models in stock.
Number_6 is offline   Reply With Quote